Do you belong?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by lead, Nov 17, 2012.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I am a NRA Endowment member and a Life member in the Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc. and regularly support both of their legislative action activities. Pick a pro gun organization you like and support it.
  2. kermit

kermit New Member

i am a NRA member.
  3. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

The NRA is a very active Org. We run Compt. shooting programs, Inst. Programs, Jr. Shooting programs, Home Safwty Programs Etc. We are involved in Hunting rights gun rights etc.

NRA dues are not insurance payments. NRA dues makes you a member and allows you to participate in any rights issue you choose. If you just pay your dues and do not get involved both you and the NRA have lost. The NRA is the target for the left wing politicans and Big labor unions. The propagnada of NRA gives in spends to much sends too much mail?:confused:

Funny thing, for over 100 years we were the single progun Org. Americans remained the only country in the world with gun rights. You may disagree with our approach that is you right. However, you should show respect for this Progun Org.:)
  4. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Signed both of my kids up as Life Members when they turned 16 .
    I'm a Benefactor Member and have also been a member of G.O.A. ( Gun Owners of America ) for many years .... If you're not aware of G.O.A. check 'em out at
    www.gunowners.org
    Even if you don't join them the website provides useful information.
  5. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

I will say it again....
    The NRA has not done everything
    that I wanted them to do, in the way I wanted.....
    But they have done far more than any one else,
    for far longer than any one else.
    RIP Charlton.

And take some time to listen to NRA News....
    The link is always in my signature.....
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

WRONG.............
    NRA Endowment Member, SAF, GOA, Texas State Rifle Assn, Oathkeeper
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Like my signature says, now is not the time for division within the ranks, if you do not agree with one gun organization, dont complain, get on board with one that you do agree with. Tearing down one organization wont help the cause. Banding together will. Strength is in unity. A house divided can not stand.
  8. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

An interesting take, totally devoid of the reality that the NRA has been instrumental in DOZENS of Bills being defeated.
    The only reason we still have many of these rights is due directly to the NRA's efforts, any say otherwise ignores the truth.
    Has it been perfect? No, but neither has the gun peoples themselves, it's on OUR heads as well as ANY organizations.
    One or more losses and we should throw it away?
    An interesting take, submission and surrender. That's where we would be without it.
    No other organization has the power of the NRA at this time, to walk away is a foolish move for any real Patriot.
    No, I don't like all the calls and mail, but I like the Demmies plans much,much less.
    Perhaps it would be best to take a harder look at the accomplishments as opposed to the losses.
  9. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I do not belong to the NRA but with any luck i'll win the DD x-mas giveaway. I do however belong to a concealed carry advocates group in my home state.
  10. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

Why would a real gun owner attack a gun rights Org? There are many of these antigun Org. post on the shooting forums. Why?:(
  11. robertmcm

robertmcm New Member

Before I get started let me say
    1. I am a Benefactor Member of the NRA
    2. I am the father of 5 life members of the NRA aged 15 moths- 10 years
    3. I am a life member of the Second Amendment Foundation
    4. I am a life member of Gun Owners of America
    5. I am a member of CCRKBA
    6. I am a member of a grassroots Alabama group trying to get up and going Alabama Gun Rights
    7. I probably make less money than most.

Now that that is out of the way, I would like to encourage everyone to join the NRA. I can sponsor you as a life member (any life member can sponsor someone if they know it or not) for 300$. I have sponsored over 350 life members this year online at various forums mostly at Calguns, gunboards and the cmp forum. A little over 200 of those were at calguns. Here is the thread
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556869

Now with all that being said I would like to point out that the greatest gains for the 2A in the last 5 years have been made in the courts, sometimes in spite of the NRA. I ask everyone here to take a good hard look at the Second Amendment Foundation. They are litigating the second amendment in federal courts, and this litigation is being done by or under the supervision of Alan Gura. Alan is the man who handed us DC V Heller and McDonald v Chicago. The Second Amendment Foundation is not in competition with the NRA, but they have a different approach- effective litigation.

The NRA is great and important, and I dont know where we would be without them. I support them. However SAF is toting the water in Federal Court. Their membership fee is 15$ and is tax deductable. They are not a lobbying organziation. Currently they have 2 dozen cases in Federal Court, and they are winning. Take a look at www.saf.org

Support the SAF.

Oh yeah, check out my feedback at the cmp forum, and calguns where I have signed up the most NRA lifers- all under the same username- and give me a shout if you want a NRA life membership for 300$
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You are right. In a perfect society you shouldn't have to pay anyone to retain your rights. We do not live in a perfect society if you haven't noticed.
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea ok, I guess if we look at it like this, every bit of liberal legislation that gets pushed thru the courts will succeed since there wont be the NRA-ILA and others like them to battle these idiots. There would be absolutely no pressure on any of our politicians to vote for pro gun measures. Yea, I wouldnt bother supporting any pro gun organization, its a waste of money...yea right......they are fighting anti gun legislation EVERY DAY! Every single day the liberals are trying to pass anti gun laws all across this country and they are being fought by pro gun groups that operate by OUR SUPPORT!!!!!! Join a pro gun org TODAY!!!!!!
  14. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

there are moles everywhere.. sounds like at least 2 here currently.. :)
  15. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

NRA member for 5 years now.