Do you ever dream that you are on a safari and stalking your prey.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Firearms, hunting, and marksmanship; are passions of mine. I sometimes dream that I am in the African brush, stalking my pray with a superb rifle. Sometimes the pray turns and I can see it looking at me while I have the crosshairs on it. Sometimes I get interrupted by birds or such. Sometimes I dream that I get recognized in a magazine for a big trophy or such. The dreams are really peaceful and vivid.
    My friends and family think its nuts, but what do they know?:) , God only knows what they dream about.
    I know what you devote your time to, has an impact on your subconscious, and its only natural that my hobbies would as well. I am just curious what your experiences have been?

Brian.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have......reeeely weird dreams....

Everybody here would have to agree :D

I dreamed I was that Nigel guy who was trying to feed his newborn to the crocodile....only without the dangling kid part...

I watched a south park eppisode before i went to bed where they were doing a spoof about him...which was kinda funny because in the spoof he would talk about a particular animal for a while and then he would say.....Lets see if I can get him really mad by sticking my thumb up hees Bouthole......

Well I had a dream about that crap..........

Woke up...thought about it a second.....and went in and washed my hands just to be on the safe side......

Thats the closest to a safari I've ever been......

mike
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Heck!, everydays a safari here......when ya walk out the door---
    if it don`t bite-stick or stab ya.......it`al hurt ya. Stalking, usally not by me, but do feel eyes on my back all the time. Course tin foil undies foil the rest.

LTS
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Now I thought the only reason for the tin foil was to stop brain scans by aliens and our government?

You ain't sayin thats where your brains is at....is ya?
    :D

mike
  5. Nole

Nole New Member

Sometimes I dream about someone is breaking into my house and they are trying to kill me so I pull up my gun and try and shoot but the gun just starts spinning in my hand. Now thats messed up. I dont think i have ever pulled the trigger in this dream.
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, Nole. Good to see another fellow from the Magnolia State. Hope you enjoy it here and will become a frequent poster, not just a visitor.

We are a diverse group and enjoy a camaraderie unsurpassed anywhere on the Web. Our collective knowledge is some of the finest you will find anywhere and is unsurpassed.

Please pull up a stump and make yourself at home. We are dedicated to the preservation of the United States Constitution and those who gave their all to see it through from the beginning to the present. We hope it will be one of your favorite places. Finally, we would like you to feel that this is just as much your home as it is ours.

Attached Files:

7. jlmckinney

jlmckinney New Member

My most recent dreams are of me being that young Marine Recruit! I would wake up in the dream in BOOT CAMP! All the others were military related, thinking "There is no possible way that this could be happening"! Then I would wake up pissed. I loved the Corps, wish I could do it all over again!

Semper Fi

JM
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

No Safari

I used to have a dream with me and a bad guy having a running gun battle in, around, and thru an abandoned warehouse. Some times the bad guy looked like Gary Busey.

But I like him!

berto
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Welcome Nole and jlnckinney..........

mike
  10. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Its nice to know I am not alone.:)
  11. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Nole and jlnckinney! New guys everywhere you turn. Glad to have you!
  12. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Guys! Welcome to TFF.

Yeah, I have this recurring dream of crawling thru the tall grass with my .600 Nitro Express, stalking my prey. Every now and then, I toss up a bit of dirt to make sure I'm downwind of him.

I crawl thru the muck and mire of a drainage ditch, carefull not to get my heavy Purdy double rifle wet....crawling back into the tall grass.....moving very slowly and deliberately.....I raise my head above the grass, the .600 Nitro at my shouder.....

......and then the chipmunk charges!!!!!
  13. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

That is a nitemare!!:D :D :D
  14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Bonus! Two new guys in one thread. :D Welcome to TFF, Nole and jlnckinney!
  15. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Welcome, jlnckinney, too.

Attached Files:

16. jlmckinney

jlmckinney New Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the Warm Welcome!

JM
  17. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Most certainally......