Do you have an Ar-15 rimfire conversion kit?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by TheRooster, Feb 26, 2011.

1. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

I just purchased this kit for my Bushmaster M4 A3.
    [​IMG]
    Just Wanted to stir up some conversation about this. I haven't read to much on this forum about the conversion kits. I have one on order right now and cant wait to try it out.

For me, the whole idea behind this kit isn't for tactical practice, it's for whistle pig hunting! That's what we call our ground varmint here in southern Idaho.

FUN AND CHEAP SHOOTING ALL!!!
  2. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

I have one for my M&P and it does ok for me some feeding problems but thats just my experience it seems to work best with the mag it came with nowhere near as dirty as I thought cleanup would be
  3. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

if you get the parkerized version you might have to tweek it a little sand the rails some and use a good oil the chrome is the best of the two once its broken in good i think its a good value its like a second gun for about 150 bucks
  4. jdub229r

jdub229r New Member

I have the CMMG dedicated upper & yes polishing the rails to a bright finish will make it much more reliable. The bolt carrier in the dedicted is the same as the conversion less the chamber adapter exchanged for a barrel collar. I have several more accurate .22's but none more fun to shoot than my CMMG - I've run at least 10 boxes of Federal 550 Walmart packs thru it. That's the only ammo I would use BTW.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That looks like a CMMG conversion! I have one that has never given me any problems. I really do think a dedicated upper would probably be a little more accurate but it is great fun to plink with and saves tons of cash on ammo. I have used Blazer, Remington, PMC, and some old Russian steel cased stuff called Junior and all of it fed about the same. A few feeding problems with just about every thing but the Blazer but nothing really worrisome.
  6. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

It is the CCMG! Its the stainless steel version. I just got it tonight too and am very excited to go shoot this weekend. I will be dedicating my detachable carry handle iron sights for this. My scope is sighted in for 223. I will not be dedicating an entire upper to this though. I read the instructions and they said to NOT use Remington ammo. I will probably end up using it though. I have a few thousand rounds of the high velocity lightning and it works in all my other 22lr firearms. Just in case I do have the federal they suggest. This ground squirrel season is going to be fun!
  7. sniper69

sniper69 Member

The .22 conversions are a fun and economical way to go with the AR. I have a ciener that I bought from a dealer in Georgia before the CMMG version was available. Both the ciener and CMMG are based on the atchison design IIRC. It works great with the Black Dog Machine magazines. I don't like the ciener metal mags though. Mine works great with the federal bulk pack (which I usually use) and with the CCI stingers. I haven't tried other brands of .22 ammo yet.

Now if CMMG or some other company (besides ciener) could come out with a .22 conversion for the AK.... ;)
  8. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Or the SKS!

Stag has a new AR kit coming out soon for about 220$
  9. Swede

Swede New Member

CMMG also. Never had a problem with this one. Eveybody loves shooting it.

[​IMG]
  10. Atty.Bong Imperial

Atty.Bong Imperial New Member

I do have the "ATCHISSON" .22 Caliber Conversion Kit for the AR15/M16. I haven't experience any problem with it. It operates flawlessly in High Vel, Standard Vel., and even in subsonic ammos. I find it very useful in pre-zeroing AR15s/M16s, especially when installing new sighting devices, optics or otherwise. It saves me a lot of .223Rem./5.56 ammos in the zeroing process. After pre-zeroing using the "ATCHISSON," firing the .223/5.56 ammo. oftentimes proves that little or no adjustment to the sights at all is necessary. It shoots fairly accurate too and I have done some small (bird) game hunting with it at medium ranges with gratifying results.
  11. Atty.Bong Imperial

Hi guys! I was given a Remington Model 550 by one of my clients. It is similar in all aspects with the Remington Model 550A I inherited from my Grand dad, except for the scope grooves on the Model 550A. The problem with this 550 my client gave me is that it is missing its Inner Magazine Tube Assembly and it doesn't have its original stock.

Does anyone know where can I purchase this Inner Magazine Tube Assembly and Stock? I would prefer a synthetic stock though. Thanks for any info.
  12. firelegs22

firelegs22 New Member

Check out Numrich gun parts. I didnt see many parts for the 550 on there, but they have your parts if the rifle is a 550-1. might be able to use them on your rifle, might not, I'm not an expert by a long shot.
  13. Atty.Bong Imperial

Thanks a lot firelegs22! I appreciate it so much. I'll visit Numrich. You'll hear from me whatever be the result after checking it out with Numrich.
  14. Atty.Bong Imperial

Thanks again firelegs22! I went to the site of Numrich. I found in there the two (2) main parts Iam looking for: the Inner Magazine Tube Assembly and the Walnut Stock. I also found other parts which I need such as: Buttplate, Buttplate Screws, and Triggerguard with Screws. Again. thanks so much.