Do You Have Any

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jan 7, 2006.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

When I was younger I had several fears but as the years passed so did my fears. Now I notice that I just don't fear things, please don't get the wrong idea here I am not going bungee jumping or something dumb like that I just don't fear things any more. Snakes, spiders, death, old age they don't worry me.
    Only two things that I find frightening are the loss of our country and not being able to see my sights.
    When we where younger we did dumb things that where dangerous and we got smarter, we did things that where careless and we became more cautious.
    What frightens you?
    Ron
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

hmm.... out living my kids would probably be 1 of my biggest fears. loss of country is up there tho.
  3. jaskel

jaskel New Member

Snakes...still freaks the shite outta me....
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

But only after they have been cooked and eaten ;) :D :D
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I fear the future for our country and - -

have a horrible fear of fire, which arises out of having been in the Hartford Circus fire from beginning to end.
  6. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

The immediate fear is hearing more and more people say there's nothing they can do about the loss of our country's soverignty and liberty; that their vote doesn't count; that they're just one person, "what can I do?" they ask. Passage of the FTAA is gonna be much worse than N.A.F.T.A. and G.A.T.T. Apathy abounds and I'm sick and tired of it.

The other fear is of heights where I can fall without protection. Flying in a plane or helicopters is fine, but standing on the edge of a building, etc. makes my knees weak. Spiders and snakes ain't so bad unless they sneak up on me.

But don't you dare throw no snake on me at the range! Remember, we're armed out there, even if it is a cold range! :D
  7. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

We have the same fears.
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hypo inoculations

Through the years I've endured comments from friends and family members like "how could you be afraid of a little needle?" and "it's just a tiny stick in the arm" my response was always "I dont know...I just know it's a genuine phobia found in many people" then I began to realize that seemingly everyone had a phobia of some sort.

My Aunt was one that I used to hear these comments from, so to my glee I found out that she didn't want to be in the same town as a snake and I happened to own a few. :D

Oh, it's just a tiny 4' Ball Boa Constrictor, he dosen't even have teeth...How could you be afraid????

Gotta love the irony as she gathers her skirt and takes off running...At least I can be in the same freaking room with a hypodermic needle.

Crpdeth
  9. Yeah, Jas, and you Aussies have some of the most deadly in the world to contend with! The worst we have here in Colorado is the ol' rattler. He's not much of a problem if you are alert and not stupid.

I think one of my greatest fears these days is accidentlly flashing my carry gun, or having it inadvertantly fall on the floor. It's an irrational fear since I carry only under very good concealment clothing and in very secure holsters. Still, it's always something I'm aware of when I carry a weapon, which is about 95% of the time.
  10. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

11. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

The Democrats gaining control of Congress and Hillary as President.
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Billory or Hillary Clinton getting any further than they are now. Arkansas need to recall them both!
  13. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

Spiders freak me out. I know that most of them are harmless, but I don't like them.

I was bitten by a Brown Recluse in boot camp at Ft. Leonardwood, MO. I didn't fully realize till I was back home. Last week of boot camp and I get bit by this deadly spider. I didn't even feel it. It took the doctors a week to figure out what was wrong with me.

Thats not the reason though. I was afraid of them little eight legged freaks well before that.
  14. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

That one should be all of our fears.
  15. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I used to step out of airplanes at low altitude (~300 ft) I was a pole/tower monkey. I climbed sheer rock walls (sometimes for fun and sometimes because I was more afraid of the DI on the ground than I was of the wall. :D ) I wandered around Eastern Europe in the early 60s. I have accosted gun runners in a canyon after dark. I have been shot at and missed and shot at and hit.

Fears? More now than then. That is either a sign of returning sanity or, perhaps, I just do not understand the situation. :p

Pops