Do you know these holsters?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by codydog, Oct 12, 2010.

1. codydog

codydog New Member

You guys have taught me a LOT. I never would have known that the holsters could be as important as the guns in some cases. I have two cases, one I think is from one of the previous guns I posted. Can you tell me which one it goes with, and if what it would add to the value of that gun? Then the second holster seem much newer, so may not belong to a particular gun, but if it does, which one, and again what would its value be.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. codydog

codydog New Member

And the newer looking Holster.

Attached Files:

3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

top one looks like a walther p38 holster. no clue on the other one... although if it fits a j frame smith i'd buy it from you
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

maybe the second one is for a walther ppk or a makarov
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Outline on the second one looks like it held a small semi auto at one time. Looks pretty well built.
  6. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

The second one is for a small frame revolver. It is a clip-on, inside the waistband (IWB) holster for a right handed person. There is no maker's mark, however I believe that it was hand made. The outline appears to be hand cut and burnished. Look at the stitchng outline, it is very similar to this little holster I made for a 'J' frame S&W. (this little guy is my own and is for us southpaws) JMHO Mike

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  7. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

Your first holster is for a small .25 or a .32 auto, possibly for a Browning 1910, or 1906 , Mauser 1910 or 1914 or a german Stock pistol or any similar handguns.
    It was made in Japan around WWII as the Japanese officers often purchased european handguns for themselves and had the holsters made locally.
    These came in many many different patterns - I have over 15 different variations
    Unfortunately, your holster had the loops for the shoulder strap removed, which greatly diminishes its value and collectability.
    The only way to find out which pistol it was designed for, is to look for the impression that the gun left inside the holster and try different mags in the spare mag pouch.
    I would be interested in it as I do not have this variation in my collection.
    You can PM me if you want to discuss..
    Kind regards,
    Val