DO YOU OWN A T/C CONTENDER?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rockyja, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    A new member with a T/C Contender, asked when firing, what the best way to hold the pistol? Since I have a Contender, and use it a lot, I thought I’d give him a few hints that work for me.

Just then, my computer decide to turn off, and I after looking everywhere, I still haven’t been able to find that new member again. So I though a new thread was in order.

To answer that new members question. Very seldom, do I shoot from the standing position, and if I do I use a home made "Y" that’s about my shooting level, and rest my gun between the forks. Once you get used to shooting that way, you’ll be able to hold it steady with no problem.

In the prone, and also in the bench position, I used to use home made bags with beans, to rest under butt and the 14" barrel. This worked real well.

But now I just use my bipod that attached to the gun (as the picture shows). It folds up and it’s there when I need it. Once and a while I still use the bean bag under the grip.

MY FAVORITE WEAPON 001.JPG

MY FAVORITE WEAPON 004.JPG
  2. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    This is one I liked. Got it off the internet.

BLACK WOLF BIPOD GRIP.jpg

201006201122476407.jpg

King-works-Tactical-Bipod-Grip-%20with-hole-Black.jpg
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I just use a sand bag when at the range. The sucker is just too front heavy to shoot it from the standing position.

I only have three barrels for mine, a .44 Magnum, a .223 (which I am trying to sell), and a sweet shooting 5.7X28.