1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Do you reload more in the winter or summer?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ryan42, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I was wondering since ive only been reloading for a bit do you guys reload more in the winter or summer?The other thing I was wondering is reloading and shooting like some of the fads where people do it for awhile and then it gets old to them and they do somthing else?I can see myself continueing to do this forever.Just wondering what you all thought?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

winter for me ..
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sometimes winter, but very little this winter. The thing with shooting and reloading is I don't get tired of it. Sometimes it gets put on the back burner, but when I havn't done it for a while I start getting itchy for it. For me, I enjoy reloading every bit as much as shooting. So for me it's therapy.

I did not shoot or reload last summer because of softball and other activities but this summer I have simplified my activities so I will be doing some serious shooting.

In a nut shell I will never get tired of it.
  4. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I agree with HB on the enjoyment and therapy part, but load much more in winter because I have more time to do it then. However, I load alot all year around because I reload many different calibers and like to shoot. And...I shoot more in the summer, particularly rifle due to warmer temps. Now, as far as a fad, I don't believe reloading is a fad. The people who do it have a specific reason for doing it beside the enjoyment or fun part. If they shoot reloading saves them money as well and just becomes part of the whole pastime. I think HB would do more reloading instead of putting it on the "backburner" but has to stop and eat all his wild concoctions all the time.:lmao2: Like SPAM AlaMode!:na-na::lmao:
  5. 76Highboy

Is it that obvious? You old dog. You have me figured to a T.
  6. 76Highboy

Do you want to know something AL, I was thinking about what you said and,,,,,,,,,a,,, a,,, a,,, oooh, Crispy Cream doughnuts,,,,,,,,, what was I saying? A,,, sorry, I gotta go.:lmao:
  7. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    mmm, Krispy Kremes. . . . . this post has officially gone in the tube. From seasonal reloading to doughnuts. . .
  8. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I do my reloading during the spring, summer and fall. My bench is in a non temp controlled building and the winter montgs get to chilly for me.
    My reloading comes in spurts any more. I've got so many projects going and not being home much really takes away from shooting.
  9. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I was just wondering what everybody normally did.I dont think Ill ever get tire of it.When I got married my father in-law was reloading a ton and he has an arsenal of weapons,so much I think he could stock a gun shop no kidding.He tryed to get my involved in it but I couldnt afford to being newly married,so now all his reloading stuff is put away and the other day I asked him if he wanted to go shooting with me and he laughed and said I tried and tried to get you intersted in this and you wasnt interested.So now hes getting it all out slowly but surely.
  10. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Sounds good Ryan, congrats! Probably won't hear from HB, he went to grab a sandwich!
  11. 76Highboy

Sorry, my mouth was full and my fingers were sticky. Ryan, alls I can say is it gets worse. Next thing you know you'll be out of bench space and then, you'll need a second shed. Then another thing,,, oh,,, banana splits,,,, oh, I'll be back later. gotta go.
  12. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I shoot off my back porch bench, mainly in Spring & Summer; hunting starts in August and it's just too cold after October; we still have 3 foot snow everywhere but melting fast. I really like reloading in the evenings while I'm shooting everyday; which means mostly May, June, and July.
  13. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Reloading season is late December through April, with ocasional outbreaks in May, June, July, and August. September through November is hunting season.
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Year round here. My reloading bench is in the house, so weather is not a problem. I shoot year round too, so I replenish as I go, and some of it gets added to the stock. Been doing this for over 30 years now, and I still enjoy reloading, just as much as shooting!
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

All year for me. I reload more in the fall winter and spring, but will do some in the summer. I love to do it. I do cast as well. I do all the melting of scrap lead outside in the summer and pour into ingets. winter is the saving of lead and to have it ready to cast up for the year. Yes i do put a small fan in the window for ventaltion for the winter. I do this as well in the house. I have a board cut to fit the window and the opening just big enough for the fan to fit. So as you see its an all year thing for me. keeps me from going "NUTS"
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012