Do you support the afghan war

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by coreyacp, Jan 26, 2010.

?

Do you support the afghan war effort

Poll closed Jan 31, 2010.
  1. Yes 100 percent

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Kinda but slight strategic changes need to be made

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Yes we should be there but goinv about it completly different

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  4. No we should get out now and leave the afghans to themselves

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

And what would you do differently if given the responsibility of handling the situation over there
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

gone left instead of right and held the FAV back a few minutes while we checked for mines

but hey its history now
  3. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

[​IMG]

FAV

forward/fast attack vehicle

more vehicles

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Oh are you referring to an incident?
  6. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Those are some awesome lookin rides btw
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

16th feb 2002

we where moving up on a tunnel complex when three HF teams came under sustained fire

we moved up on them and my team brought round a flank as we topped the ridge we came under fire from a 12.7

we brought up the FAV to bring the twin .50's to bare, i left the vehicle and headed right my mate went left and my 2ic Andy was driving

they had the ridgelines topped with mines

Andy hit a mine , KIA

i got hit with fragments and part of the suspension we think

Dan was in the rear manning the fifty and broke both ankles

Dan kept on firing though.. when he cooked the fifty he fired Laaws rockets until he had none left , then used his styer till that ran out

i was propped up against a rock to help out when i could with the 203 but was fading out from the med's

US chopper crews got me out later , one deliberatly drawing fire so the other could come in a get me

hairy day but we stopped em but cost , well it happens eh

but would be back in a flash if i could, but reality is i'll be 53 in a couple weeks

45 was way to old to be playin grunt anyway, but been doing it since i was 16

Airbourne Infantry, only way to go eh

cheers

jack
  8. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Wow thankyou for description/explanation im sorry man. Wow that intense an moving. Thankyou sir for your service.
    I have so much respect for you because your cou try wasnt like directly hit but your country helped and stood side by side with us and i do not think the american public gives enough gratitude towards our allies wow and yeah airborne all the way i want to be a ranger. Thats my first goal then a green beret. Wow thank you again
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Corey

theres a treaty called ANZUS

a attack on you is a attack on us

this comes from a previous treaty signed when The Great White Fleet visited Oz in 1909

longest military agreement in the world

Glad your going airbourne , work hard, listen to your instructors and dont get dumb idea's ;) teams win not individuals,

we need to win this one.. just need to politicians to stop tying one hand behind our backs, war is war, they made war on the US, they should know the full fury without the PC rules we got now..

cheers to you Corey, cheers to all our troops fighting to keep us free

jack
  10. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Oh i have heard of that agreement nato has the same one to right. And thanks man means alot from a hero like yourself
  11. Nolaphoto1

Nolaphoto1 New Member

Since my friend recently graduated from West Point, finished Ranger training this past week, and is assigned to the 10th Mountain Div. I'd have to say I support it if it is run by the commanders and not by politicians, the UN, MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, or ABC. Failure in Afghanistan is not an option. Our boys need a commitment from the public and Washington. If they are going to Monday morning quarterback this, they may as well bring them all home. I already lost a marine friend in Fallujah. Semper Fi J-Man.
  12. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Hell yeah! 10th moutain rocks i would want to be part of the tenth if i wasnt goin airborne they are the most deployed division in the army
  13. Popeye

Popeye New Member

US troops are engaged. I, as a US citizen, must support the war. I do not have to like it but I must support it.
  14. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I support the Afghan war, but would make one really big change: drop Iraq right onto the Iraquis' shoulders and move a lot of our troops from there to Afghanistan. I just think Afghanistan is more important.
    The rest I'd send to "help our allies the Pakistanis" in rooting out Al-Quaeda there.
    You know they want that, and would support it.
    As our allies and all.

(edit) Yes I'm being a tad fascetious about Pakistan wanting us to be there. Unlike some longer standing allies, I haven't seen what they've done for us lately.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  15. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Politicians tried running the war in Vietnam and look what happened. They are trying to run the war now and look what's happening. They just DON'T LEARN. Admirals and Generals are paid very well to run and fight wars. Just let them do their jobs. Let them do what they are paid to do. It seems real easy to me.
  16. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Ok dont get your panties in a bunch when i say this. But since we have been at this for years and not been able to find bin ladin i think we need a new idea. Here is one. Pull all our guys off the battle field and put them up in a hotel with a bunch of whores for a while. Give them some r&r. Let bin ladin come out of hiding. Once he feels good and safe invite him to a camel auction ribbon cutting ceremony. Pick him up there.

Like I said dont get your panties in a bunch i am not serious.
  17. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

If it wasn't for Clintons political correctness Bin Laden would be 15 years dead now. We went in after they murdered 3,000 americans on 9/11 and we need to finish the job which doesn't include reading them their Miranda rights just digging a hole for their collective dirt naps
  18. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

Ok, read the whole post before you smash your computer;) I am a patriot to my soul, I will die for duty, country, family if need be. First, I will always support out troops. Now, I do not support the afgan or Iraq wars the way they are being fought. Iraq, we should have assinated suddam, sit back and see what crawls out from which rock. I think ground wars are a big waste of time, we should have bombed them to oblivion. And yes there would have beem civilian casualties, its part of war!! Strategy: go in , win big and fast, get the hell out!! Being in a war , in a third world country for 8 years does nothing but give the enemy hope!! I dont think that whole sand pit is worth 1 Americans life, but if we have to go.....then go hard and fast and decimate the enemy. All of this is just my opinion, of course I didnt factor in any politics )
  19. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Awesome photos, Jack!

Uncle was in 10 M/D. The 'outdoor' division!
  20. 45nut

45nut Active Member

My sentiments exactly Sir. I have had 6 young men, cousins & sons of friends I watched grow up go to the sand box and 5 came home safe. Chad was the only one to die and I want his blood avenged. Do the damn job right and leave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]