Do you wear a sidearm at home?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B27, Nov 4, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

all the time, because of my gun shop
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

About two months ago my brother came to my house. We were in the garage and he began threatening me. I just contimued to keep reloading. Then I turned and walked over and bent down to grab a peice of paper from the floor and I purposely let him see my revolver. Suddenly he gasped. He was mortified and I told him, "You stupid dumdass, didn't you know I never go anywhere without my gun. Hell, I don't even mow the lawn without it. Now get out of my house before I throw you out (he has never been able to beat me in a fight, he, he, he).

What good would a gun do me if a threat came through my door and I was anywhere but where my gun was?

Answer is NONE.

I usaually have my SP101 on. Then when I go to Walmart I am ready.
  3. B27

B27 New Member

Ummm.....was your brother serious or just showing his behind?:confused:

I only ask because me and my half brother are all big hugs and hail fellow well met...and junk.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  4. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

I and my brother are twins. We fought and we respect each other. I love my bro. :)

I always carry in my house and in my car.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    In the house there are many guns, well placed. Right now I'm not dressed to go anywhere, so there are guns within inches of me. When I get dressed to go out of the house, I always have one on me. As long as I'm dressed to go, I'm armed. If I need to take the dog out, I have a house coat on a chair in the living room, where I am, a pistol beside me, and one at the door. I live in the country, and on occasion the dogs outside start to bark, I stand up to look out the window, and pick up a gun as I do so. You never know! It's almost a hundred yards to the road form the house, so there are also rifles to the right of the door.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

since I carry concealed.. yeah.. I guess i do carry around the house.

when I leave in the morning I'm carrying.. thus walking thru the house.. and when I get home.. i walk out.. feed the horses.. let the dogs out.. etc.. etc.. so i am carrying then to.

again.. it's concealed though.

of couse.. it's not like my neighbor hasn't seen me unload long bbld things from my truck on a morning after a hunt.. or coming home from a show.. etc.
  7. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

:lmao2: That was a Chippendales moment!

I have one in the house and another in the garage, a third down at work with me during the week.
  8. north tex

north tex Member

Concealed at all times. Most of the neighbors don't have the foggiest idea that I'm armed. I know two other neighbors the carry concealed but we don't display even to each other even in private locations. Heck we seldom discuss carrying. It's just seems to be a generally accepted rule.
  9. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

I do not generally carry at home. I am never far from a weapon but never on me. Seems like it would just be a pain in the butt. I ahve never felt unsafe on my own property though.
  10. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I also do not carry in house but have a variety of handguns and shotguns at the ready in all rooms.
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I live on 5 acres that is fenced and gated with 4 dogs and an alarm system and I have 4 video cameras set up in different areas around the house and I have sensors placed out around where I have a beeper that beeps when someone is within 200ft of my house and every door has a chime on it when it opens and I still carry 24/7 365 and have guns stashed within reach in every room. Oh and my wife carrys too.
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I carry at home and when I go out.Sometimes openly and sometimes concealed.Depends what Im weaing and where im going as to conceal or open.But always carry except when I sleep.As Ive said before my mom and dad are wary of guns.My dads best friend is a retired county sherriff deputy and then elected sherriff for 8 years.I was carrying my gun when I went to mom and dads one day and mom says I wish you wouldnt carry that thing and John spoke up and said hell of alot of good it does him if he needs it and dont have it.I gotta a big kick out of that because they think what he says goes and he backed me up.lol
  13. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

This.
  14. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The simple answer is no. There is usually one in the room that I may be in.
  15. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My brother is not a good person. We will leave it at that.