Do you wear a sidearm at home?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B27, Nov 4, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I live way out in the country, no crime to speak of. Almost 100yds to the gate on the drive way. It's 6:30AM, December, and well below freezing. 4 dogs in the house that need to go out. I open the door, and as they go out, they become agressive. As I step out the door, there to my right, at the end of the porch, the dogs have 4 men surrounded! One has a shoval, and is threatening my dogs. I holler at him, and when he looks up at me he's staring into the barrel of a gun! Turns out that the 4 guys were there to replace my gas line. So it was all OK. But you never know! The guy with the shovel later asked me if I would have shot him, and I told him that as far as I was concerned he was trespassing, and threatening my property, and that yes, I would have shot him had he hit one of my dogs with the shovel. I hope they learned a lesson, I know I did. The next time it happened it was surveyers on my land, where they had no right to be! I am, and will always be armed at all times!
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice! I love to share warm and fuzzy moments with liberals....;)
  3. hobby_mesa

hobby_mesa Active Member

I've been wearing a shoulder holster the last 2 days...I noticed when I carried to the store on Sunday it felt uncomfortable so I need to wear it nonstop a bit so I don't notice it much...other than that, there's always a loaded firearm within arms reach...sleeping, watching movies, at our bar, garage/shop, etc. One too many home invasions. At one point there was an armed home invasion 3 miles away (we live in a rural neighborhood)...the first thing they did was kill the handicapped man's seeing eye dog. Haven't had one very far away since that.
  4. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

For many, many years now, I have been carrying 24/7/365. I have my most recent pocket gun (Sig P238 .380 7+1) with me at all times and when I am in bed, it is there as well.

Also when I am simply staying around the house, most of the time, I have my loaded Taylor/Uberti .45 Colt SAA well within reach.
  5. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

Nope nop cattle or hogs to speak of on my land
  6. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I have 4 12 gauge shotguns hidden around the house. I have one in every major room and even have a Glock in the bathroom. :D
  7. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

I carry at home even found it comfortable to wear a belt and holster under my sweat pants so it the weight didnt pull them down just put the buckle to one side Ill even carry at my familys house for holiday dinners if they dont like it all they have to do is let me know and I can cut my extra running down for the holidays I think I would carry in the shower if I wasnt worried about rust till a solution is found I guess just outside the shower on the sink will have to do
  8. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

If I didn't carry while doing the Lords work I'd never carry. I don't see where protecting one self from harm has anything to do with our Religous beliefs. As far as the neighbors thats great. But will they be in the house when trouble breaks in?

I carry outside of the house and when home it is within reach.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Never carry while doing the lords work? I would bet the pastor at Crefelo Dollars church in Atlanta wished he was carrying a few weeks ago when a member came in during a service and shot him deader than a doornail. There has been numerous attacks on churches and pastors and crime doesnt discriminate.
  10. Model195Fan

Model195Fan Member

I suppose it makes sense to carry all the time, including in the house. At least, it makes sense to me. But I don't have to decide. In MA, it is against the law* to leave guns lying around the house unsecured, so any gun of mine that is outside of my safe is "under my personal control," as the law reads. Simply interpreted, that means that I carry it all the time.

*One LEO who didn't follow the law was brought up on charges when his kid took the gun and did bad things with it. At first appearance, the judge said that Heller let him off the hook, but the state appealed. The case hasn't yet been decided at a state level.
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

The Glock to play with in the tub?

Sorry it just struck me funny, in reality if you hear a noise, someone breaking in, whatever it is so good to be really ready to rock n' roll.
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree with that. I carry at church and at my last church there was a group of us that sat near the pastor because of threats on him. In biblical days Jesus said the sell your cloak for a sword and I believe it is the same today, except I carry a gun.
  13. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

I used to have a friend who was into guns in a big way (a champion shooter back to the original days of IPSC and the first Bianchi Cup). He told me it might seem odd, but he never felt more defenseless than when in the shower. Poor visibility and hearing for what was going on in the house, or maybe he'd just seen Psycho too many times. But he had a compartment built into the shower wall, kinda like a soap dish, only bigger, that had a door on it to keep the water out. If he was in the shower, a 1911 was in there. I'd be lying if I said there was never a time when there was a pistol on the back of the toilet with a towel over it while I was in the shower, but it was a rare thing and it's been years since.

But I do have a similar feeling if I'm working out in the garage with the door open. I just feel exposed in an odd sort of way. Any time I'm working out there Mr. Glock is close at hand. Guess we've all got our quirks, eh?
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

Is it wrong to have a 'shower gun?'

Not all the time, but I always put one in my pocket when I go outside in the backyard or open the garage door and fart around there.
  15. B27

B27 New Member

Thanks! I will. :)