Do you wear a sidearm at home?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B27, Nov 4, 2012.

1. wolfdog

wolfdog Member

Often enough so a person would not want to chance it, and even when not one is close enough it would make mush difference.
  2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

24/7/365 with various arms stashed around the house. Pants on, two guns on w 21 .45ACP & 17 9MM
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

part of getting dressed in the morning. a gun is worthless if you can't get to it instantly (usually anyway). I do keep some stashed around the house but those that keep 'em in glove boxes or in the back bedroom or wherever... well, when/if the time comes you need them, not gonna do much good.

hunting season now so I'm in my 'tactical' setup even around the house. Duty belt with dropleg thigh holster carrying Mr. Glock 35 w/TLR-1 light and spare mags, ruger SP101 on my weak side.

so I never have a gun on... I always have at least 2!

two is one, one is none... just like tourniquets.
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

For me it's a personal choice, but I'm not a Pastor. Pastors are getting killed at an alarming rate in America. Church Boards had better take notice and protect their Pastors.

Regarding the neighbors, it's good to know I'm not alone. If trouble breaks in when I'm not home, I hope one of them takes notice. If I am home, hot lead will fly.
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I did not hear about this. When & how did it happen?

Last one I heard about was on 10/28 or 29. A guy drove his vehicle into a church, and beat the pastor to death with an electric guitar. Gruesome.

Pastors definately need bodyguards these days. Theses body guards should be properly trained and have action plans in place with contingencies. Paths of egress. Communications. Vehicles. I'd go as far to say all armed with the same wepons in case SHTF.
  6. jerryW

jerryW New Member

no but have one in every room with 5 feet of me where ever i am even in the bathroom
  7. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Whenever my pants are on I have it on my side. The only time my pants are off is when I am in the bedroom and it sits on my night stand.