Doctor Visit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnnyehlers, Aug 6, 2012.

1. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

I took my 87 yr. old mother to the Dr. today for a follow up visit. One of the many questions asked was, if she had firearms in the house and if they were unloaded and locked up. She responded yes my son has several. I know that since I've posted pic's of most of them on this forum that it's probably no big secret to the obummer crew, but it still bugs me. I think there should be a third option to the question, # 3 NUNYA DA** BUSINESS!!! Which I think I'll use if I ever have to go to the Doctor. What do you all do? Lie, claim the 2nd, 4th, 5th & 9th Amendment or just say "Yes and they are ready to defend if need be". I know this has been discussed before, but it's the first time it's come up in my small town neck of the woods.

:crazy:
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Its none of their damn business and thats exactly what you can tell them. Ask them how many times they have sex in their house and you will tell them how many firearms you have. Its none of their business. They passed a law here in Florida to stop doctors from asking that question. So, if you are ever asked that question, have an answer ready for them. Either its no or its none of your business or whatever, but do not tell them what you have, period.
  3. skullfr

skullfr New Member

thats just stupid.It aint thier business
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Guess I am just lucky but my dentist and most of my doctors also share one aspect or other of the gun-shooting hobby. My foot doctor just inherited his grandfather's (who was a gunsmith) gun collection and his brother just got his FFL.
  5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I try to make it a habit to not go to the doctor as much as possible but as I age it's becoming more of an occurrence than I’d like. A couple months ago I went for a routine check-up and that question was on the forms. I did not answer, just left the box blank along with the ethnicity box.

When I took their questionnaire back to the young lady at the desk she informed me that I didn't complete it. I told her it was NUNYA on the firearms question and as far as the ethnicity question, there was no "Other" option. She looked baffled and said Sir, you look "white" to me. I replied absolutely but your questionnaire lists White, African American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander and Asian but nothing for other. She wanted to know what other I was and I told her I’m "German American" if colored folks that live in the USA are allowed to check "African American".

She chuckled and said very well. I think I made her day :D.
  6. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Intersting. Even in Calif my doctor didnt get that nosey. They asked me if I owend firearms and i left the question blank. They didtnt ask me if they were loaded or locked up though.
  7. skullfr

skullfr New Member

maybe theyre afraid if they screw up you will be lookin for em
  8. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I unless there is a suicide threat or violence issue caused by some medical condition or medication that the gun owner needs to be made aware of it is none of there business.
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

It is none of there business.
  10. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

They even asked what temp. the water heater was set to, if we had smoke detectors, yada yada yada, then say it's all about safety.
  11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

had a relative, without going into too much detail, declared mentally incompetent because, after being diagnosed with a terminal disease. said he was going home to take care of that problem. he always said if something like that happened to him, check for him in his shed. yeah, he was a nra life member. the hospital and state nullified his living will, and the power of attorney that I held. kept him on dialysis and other treatments against his wishes. He got the last laugh, up and died on them before his bills were paid. god rest.
  12. barmstrong2

barmstrong2 New Member

Always give them a firm... "maybe"
  13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I haven't had that question come up, for me, yet (and Double D, it's "how often do you have butt-sex with your wife?" Question not only needs to be none of your business, but the more disgusting the better), but the last time I was at the doctor's there was a 4-page questionnaire. I left at least half of 'em blank. None of their business. Nobody said anything about me not answering.
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Exactly the answer I will give if ever asked that crap! hahaha.

Fortunately I work within Army medicine and most if not all the docs I work with are avid shooters and gun owners so it's a non-issue.

It's probably some pussy-footed hospital policy some places to cover their arses in the event of a patient committing suicide or something like that. Either way, it's nunya freakin' business hoss!

Besides, I'm always packing one or two, even in the hospital; just show them your gun, no need to verbally answer! Here ya go doc, does this answer your question?

"no, no guns at home, it's right HERE!" ahhh!
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I miss my old dentist. He was a big hunter. He had pictures of his hunts in Africa, Asutrailia, Asia, Russia, Europe, Alaska. In fact he was in the process of booking a dove hunting trip to south america when I last seen him for his retirement present to himself Along with a new shotgun for that trip. I believe it was going to be a Benelli Legacy Sport.

I just look at them like they are crazy when they ask me that question. Then say EWWWWWWWWW while flailing my hands around like a gay man the say Guns are icky and evil and mean. All the while wearing a Smith and Wesson shirt and a Remington Hat.
  16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have never had the question come up, but if it does my response will be to ask the dr if he/she has ever had a homosexual experience? I agree with the more disgusting the better attitude!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...for-injunction-against-docs-v-glocks-law.html
    The Florida chapters of three national medical organizations, along with six physicians, today asked a federal district judge in Miami to immediately block enforcement of the new state law that bars healthcare professionals from asking patients if they own guns and have them stored properly.

These questions are a key element in the practice of preventive medicine. The court papers filed today make clear that a request for a preliminary injunction is necessary because the new law has already curtailed the First Amendment rights of physicians across the state to speak with their patients about gun safety.
  17. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I have never been asked.
    If I was asked I would just say NO.
    Any other answer(smart a## or not) would be admitting I do.
    JUST SAY NO!
    Although sense I always carry one the no might not fly!
    Mike
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  18. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

when they ask you that question, LOOK THEM RIGHT IN THE EYE, and ask them if they had sex last night. 9 out of 10 times they will reply none of your business. smile and say exactly
  19. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Well Mike, a smart a$$ answer is about the same as what they are asking. I consider it to be a smart a$$ question so I dont feel bad about it being answered that way.
  20. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I do agree with you.And I think you are right.
    I just feel that it might come back to bite me in the a## and If this info. is going to be used in the future to "collect guns" from us. So I think the less they know the better off I am.
    Mike