Doctor Visit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnnyehlers, Aug 6, 2012.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a doctor's appointment this morning. I hope they ask me that question!!
  2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

What do you think they do with the forum you filled out and left this question blank? If they ask this verbally and you respond with a "None of your Business" or with a Smart Ass comment, what do you think they write down for your Answer?
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

That's what I worry about.And the reason I would say NO.
    Mike
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  4. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

No not at all. This is and many other fact gathering forums are the beginning stages of Obama Care. This is all coming from your New and Improved Heath care system.:mad:
  5. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

you dont leave them blank. check both yes and no and initial it:D
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Used to collect guns from us? I dont think they want to go there.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Doctor's appointment this morning - new Doctor - no questions on form or in person about firearms.
  8. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

My point exactly, I agree 100%. I will answer "NO" and be put in their "Leave Alone" file.
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I had this discussion with the wife last night; I don't think even with all the craziness that anybody could collect our guns. How would they do it? Who would do it? nobody I can think of really; I'm doubtful if that information obtained by your doc is really going anywhere like some suggest. Hell, they have to ask me how freakin' tall I am or what race I am every time I go; they had to re-weight my youngest kid at 6 months old within 3 days of his last appt.! he didn't grow that much in 3 days lady! hahaha My race didn't change last I checked anyway...

Most of that info, if it leaves the hospital system at all, would be anonymously collected for statistical purposes with no names attached.

not trying to get too far off topic or open a worm can here... :D
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Whether they are just collecting data for statistical purposes, or to build a file so they know where to go when they start confiscation is irrelevant.

It don't matter WHY they want to know. It's none of their business. Just like it's none of their business if I have unprotected sex in alleys, if I like to watch the Playboy channel, or if I like watching dogfights with Veck. It's none of their business.

I go in and am having trouble breathing. Do I smoke? That's a legitimate medical question. Do I work at a foundry, or in a coal mine? Again, legitimate medical questions. Do I have any guns? What does that have to do with my breathing problem.

I'm peeing green. Do I patronize crack whores? Good question. Do I have any guns? How would that affect my urine?
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I was working in the ER one night when a guy came in with his hand stuck in a reloading press, no joke!!!

I'm the well known gun nut reloader guy so I was quickly summoned to extract this knuckle-head's fingers from his press but had managed to get his fingers free (not without some damage to him, press was fine) on his way to the hospital. Still pretty funny; I offered to buy his press but he declined... Figured I could talk him into a discount since there was blood on it, hahaha

I still like the rebuttal question if ever asked about guns; "you butt hump your old lady last night?" or similar. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers!

It's also a question (started at least a couple years ago) on the re-deployment surveys. "Do you own any firearms or have access to any loaded firearms?"

uhhhhh.... I'm guessing they're not counting the machine guns and grenade launchers they ISSUE us? hahaha

it then asks how many!

I was really tempted to put "enough to get the job done" but didn't feel like being forced to talk with a counseler or get put on suicide watch, so I wimped out and left it blank
  12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Not a medical situation, but was being interviewed, based on my company's name. Pretty lady reporter asked if I was carrying at that time. I slowly looked her up and down and asked, "Are you wearing panties?"

She laughed. I wasn't sure if she knew what I was getting at or just thought this old man was amusing. :confused:

Pops
  13. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I've never been asked but pretty sure I know what I'd ask them. And that being, "what does this have to do with a Dr. visit?" And I DO NOT care, aint none of thier business, PERIOD!