dodging tornados again in january in Indiana?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fleetwood1976, Jan 23, 2012.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

Is it me or is the weather getting whacky these days. this is the second time this month we have been dodging severe storms and tornados in Indiana in January. Its suposes to be 14 degrees not 60. we had a tornado hit a couple years back in december. weird stuff. maybe it will snow this may.
  2. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Some bad storms moved thru our area last night lot of lighting and thunder I'll take 60 degree temps in January all day long
  3. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I guess it falls under the "be careful what ya wish for" category. I am liking the warmth in January too, but they can keep the thunderstorms. Woke me up this morning. Melted most of the snow, but the temps are dropping again.
  4. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    I much rather dodge storms and tornados than have 1" of ice, no power, and several inches of snow on top if the ice with frigid temps!!! We had storms, tornados, flooding, and high wind advisories last night and today.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The first tornado I worked as a cop, was at Daisy Hill in Indiana. Nineteen of them had gone thru...one was a 1/2 mile wide. Looked like somebody had come along with a scythe and leveled the entire forest. Spooky to see the first time.
  6. geds

geds New Member

We had round one early this morning - about 3:00. 3 confirmed dead in Jefferson Co. NWS confirmed it as an EF3. Several other tornados hit all around the middle to north part of the state.

Expecting round two later in the week.