1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Does A1 or A2 Flash hider affect accuracy

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ryu_sekai, Sep 30, 2004.

1. ryu_sekai

ryu_sekai New Member

Does A1 or A2 Flash hider affect accuracy
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

A flash hider has no affect on accuracy. It is a flash hider, period!
  3. ryu_sekai

ryu_sekai New Member

the gasses might escape in an un symterical fashion
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

............ok

RI......CK
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

RYU:

Some (not me) but some, will argue that the absence of a flash suppresor/break will allow the gasses to expand evenly as the bullet leaves the muzzle giving better accuracy...These are people that are obviously more intelligent than I, because I just cannot see that it would make that much difference, but then I have no proper education in this field.

On the same note, The American Military University (AMU) claim findings that a muzzle attachment screwed on too tightly will minutely distort the bore just enough to cause cause less than desired accuracy, so if its a screw on attachment, hand tighten that bad boy, and leave it be.

~Crpdeth
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

What you are talking about is the muzzle crown and has nothing to do with a flash hider. It breaks up the muzzle flash, only!
  7. ryu_sekai

ryu_sekai New Member

th a2 flash suppressor has not opening on the bottom only the sides so the gas will escape up wards
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

It cuts down muzzle rise when the bullet leaves the barrel. Has nothing to do with accuracy!!!!!! ;)