Does any body know this guy ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhenry132, Jun 22, 2012.

1. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

Since you spoke with your thief on the phone and paid with a P.M.O. he has comitted at least two federal felonies . Contact the FBI about the wire fraud (phone calls related to the fictisous sale) , and the USPS about the Mail fraud ! Caveat Emptor ! That deal would fit into the Too good to be true category wouldn't it ?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Id make an offer to trade all the federal punishment hes facing for 10 minutes alone with the guy strapped to a chair and a toolbox full of common hand tools at my disposal. I promise you 3 minutes in hed be begging for life in the federal pen.
  3. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

from google earth it looks to be an apartment complex but without an apartment number it probably never made that far before it was swiped
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

The post office should be able to trace the cashing of the MO
    and tell you who-when-where it was cashed
  5. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Ha ha...

If it was you kicking the door down, DD, then at least we can be sure the job'll get done right!
    ;)
    Ed~
  6. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

USPS offices do have cameras, maybe they could get an image.
  7. dhenry132

dhenry132 New Member

Update, Looks like I got it put to me. Police could care less, DA said " would cost us to much to prosecute by the time we had you come up here." Don't call us, we'll call you. Post Office Inspector General statement was " What do you expect us to do."
    Told them all what I thought of the departments and will never use a postal money order again. Learned my lesson..
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry to hear that was the outcome.
    Not surprised though.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its a shame. ive got no use for thieves. And scammers are the worst of the thievin bunch.
  10. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

dhenry - sorry to hear that. No surprise that Denver PD won't do anything. Me and everyone I know quit visiting, shopping or doing buiseness in Denver long ago. I hate thieves and scammers. 1Sgts selling Luger mag parts don't scam for as much $$$ as this yo-yo scammed you, but a thief is a thief whether it's $20 or $1000. They will get thier dues someday. They will scam the wrong guy and get caught in a REAL bad place. I hate the term but some call it 'kharma'.
  11. geds

geds New Member

Just checking back in with you to see if that bad bout of indigestion cleared up? :D
  12. geds

geds New Member

Sorry for your troubles D! If it is any consolation, you may have saved some other unsuspecting person from making a similar mistake in judgement.
  13. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I second that. You would never know it, but Postal Inspectors are not a force you want working against you. They are some baaaad dudes. They work quietly behind the scenes, but they have the power of the Federal Government behind them. They come down on the bad guys with a sledge hammer, and they usually get their man. Be thankful you used a Postal Money Order instead of a money order from the grocery store, because that is going to be your saving grace. Postal Inspectors make FBI agents seem like rent a cops.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012