The Firearms Forum banner

Does anyone collect swords?

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  targetacqmgt 
#1 ·

This one is German M1889 cav. sword w/etched blade.

Above is an English made sword for the U.S. market called a non-regulation militia officer's sword. Circa 1840-1850.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice, very nice. I like swords too but you would only need 6 sets of hooks to display mine. Seems like I been wasting all my money on ammunition.

#10 ·
Not really a collector but I do have one. This is my grandfathers Navy officers Sword. I keep it on the wall of my gun room.

#11 ·
Pickenup: What's that Philipine type dagger with the head on the handle? It looks interesting.
Interesting that you should pick out that one, actually it is one of my favorites. I purchased it from a gentleman who was over there in the 50's. He said it was old when he got it, so I'm not sure exactly when it was made.

It was presented to him, by one of the town folk, for "services rendered". The blade is made out of a old truck leaf spring. Forged, shaped, and sharpened. you would not be able to tell what it was made from. The scabbard is hand-carved of course.

#13 ·
Wow, you don't see too many of those anymore! (The Navy doesn't seem to carry them).
In the Navy swords are for officers only and they are optional. Generally only worn with dress whites on special occasions. I have pictures of him at several functions wearing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.