Does anyone else fire a Armscor 38.spl

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by fredarmory, May 15, 2003.

1. fredarmory

fredarmory New Member

I have a Armscor 38.spl knockoff of a colt trooper.
    And I was looking for someone else that has fired one and had good marks.
  2. antediluvianist

antediluvianist New Member

Armscor .38 Special

Armscor guns do not have a tradition behind them- as Colt and others do - but they are computer-machined from world-standard steel.

I own an Armscor .45ACP , and a .38 Spl.; and a Colt .45ACP.

They are reliable, and work.

If you want to enter competitions, you should probably buy a Colt or something like that. But for ordinary self-defense and all-around shooting/plinking, Armscor guns are entirely adequate. They will put a hole in a bad guy just as well as a Colt.
  3. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Hey gents, how about some pictures on the Armscore pistola or revolver or whatever it is...never heard of this one.

Gunguy :confused:
  4. fredarmory

fredarmory New Member

I'm trying a pic posting (might take a while)

Only minor changes from mkIII, Internals not exactly like Colts but use the same opperations, and arranged the same,
    also seems to have mkIV hammer spring but uses a tranfer bar on the firing pin, also a popular safety feature

you can look at current models at www.armscor.com.ph
    (In the Phillipines)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2003
  5. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Hey, not bad looking at all, if they made one in .44 special they can put me down for one.

Can you give us a website or addy on these folks who 'em...how much do they cost etc.

Gunguy
  6. antediluvianist

antediluvianist New Member

Armscor .38 Special

Armscor is "Arms Corporation of the Philippines".

Rock Island Armory and Charles Daly guns are actually made by Armscor.

The guns are computer-manufactured from world-class steel. Armscor also makes ammunition, rifles, shotguns, and other things; and owns gun ranges/sponsors shooting teams. Armscor is affiliated with Fratelli Tanfoglio of Italy. But if you want the more known revolvers, go Colt or S&W etc.

I own 2 Armscor guns (.45 and .38 Sp.), as well as a Colt .45, and really I see no difference. When I want to impress people a bit, I take along the Colt. But it doesn't shoot any better. I must say, however, that I shoot about once a month. And I am not a Law enforcement Officer. My firearms needs are civilian: fun and self/home defense.

I think it is true, however, that a Colt will have a better resale value. Still, I don't intend to sell any of the guns so that's not important to me.

Check out Armscor at http://www.armscor.net