1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Does anyone have a Knight Model MK 86?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

JH45gun
    (8/22/02 10:44:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Does anyone have a Knight Model MK 86?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I found a Knight 54 cal barrel fast twist 1 in 28 made by Green Mountain at Gander Mnt. I got it at a closeout price. It is a $180.00 barrel that I got for 30 bucks new. Acccording to Knight it just slips in the 86 receiver for a friction fit. The 86 from what I have found out so far was a combo gun either shotgun or rifle barrels for it. I was hoping I could buy a receiver from Knight but they do not make them anymore. So I will have to make a project gun and come up with my own inline receiver. I am hoping I still can buy a hammer assembly from Knight. What I want to know does anyone have one of these combos or have seen one and can tell me how the barrel to receiver fits? Knight just said it was a friction fit I know being a combo gun that barrel changing should be easy but that seems a little too easy. Jim