DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUN?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Frnc4891, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Frnc4891

Frnc4891 New Member

I just bought this gun at an estate sale for for $50. I understand that there are 2 models of this rifle. anyone know which one this is? Also cant seem to figure out the year. Has anyone had any experience shooting it? is it a good shooter? What is it worth? What is the marking KB? Any info is cool.

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

A Sears 583.2501 is a High Standard 22 automatic, model # A101. In case you need parts or anything.

Kinda neat seeing an automatic that will work with shorts. Ain't too many of them around.
  3. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Poor ole gun looks like it went thru a threshing machine... :eek:
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I wouldn't spend a lot of time or money on it, but you should oil it and see if you can remove some of the rust. It was a pretty decent little rifle, and may still be OK once it is cleaned up. Value will still not be high; even in good shape they bring only about $150.

Jim
  5. Frnc4891

Frnc4891 New Member

Anyone ever shoot one?
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I might have; I repaired a lot of those semi-auto .22's. That one is better than some, but basically, it is a .22 rifle, nothing very special.

Jim
  7. Frnc4891

Frnc4891 New Member

Does anyone know what the kb stands for?
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Where the KB is located on the barrel may be from who made the barrel...looks like there is an F there as well. If it will shoot shorts well it could be a very fun rifle...
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012