DOES ANYONE KNOW ??

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 25yretcoastie, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

I have a Norinco SKS 1963 date of man. I am told that is has never been fired, and if it has then now very much. Now for the question. Can I inspect the fireing pin with out takeing the bolt apart or should I take it to LGS for them to inspect and if neccessary replace the fireing pin? I am trying to prevent slamfires.

Thanks
    Steve
  2. Skipper

Skipper Member

3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

If the pin channel is full of grease then the pin needs to be removed anyway or the whole bolt needs to be soaked in a degreaser or laquer thinner is even better. Its not all that hard. Grease over time will harden or collect fouling and cause the pin to stick in position. The only way to prevent this is to clean it. Pin should float freely in the bolt, not be a sticky mess inside of it. the slam fire system is nice but if the firing pin is a hot mess then it won't help you.
  4. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

thanks guys more to think about