The Firearms Forum banner

Does anyone know?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  aryfrosty 
#1 ·
if Colt Mustang magazines will work in a SIG P238? The Mustang mags cost less than i/2 that of the P238 mags.

#3 ·
I have heard yes from several folks but have never held one and snapped it in so I cant absolutely say.

#5 ·
I can say without a doubt that they do fit. My P238 came with one magazine and I bought two Colt mags off ebay and they do fit perfectly.

BTW Jeffrey, I just noticed your new picture, looking good, how much weight have you lost now?
In the area of 225# from my peak weight of 485#. The surgery and the walking I have been doing have been true life savers. I know that having the gastric bypass was the best decision I ever made regarding my health. The walking 5 - 10 miles a day was the second best. Thanks for noticing.

And thankyou for all that replied to my inquiry on this thread.

#6 ·
In the area of 225# from my peak weight of 485#. The surgery and the walking I have been doing have been true life savers. I know that having the gastric bypass was the best decision I ever made regarding my health. The walking 5 - 10 miles a day was the second best. Thanks for noticing.

And thankyou for all that replied to my inquiry on this thread.
Wow, now thats a testimony! Congrats are in order! It takes much courage and control to make a change like you have. You have given yourself and your family extra years and better quality years at that. My hat is off to you. I can only imagine the desire and drive to change.

#7 ·
Wow, now thats a testimony! Congrats are in order! It takes much courage and control to make a change like you have. You have given yourself and your family extra years and better quality years at that. My hat is off to you. I can only imagine the desire and drive to change.
Thanks DD for the words of encouragement. It certainly has been a journey. I am to just under 260 now and I would still like to lose another 60 - 80 pounds if possible.

#8 ·
They do work. Also any mag marked with the "Metalform" logo likewise fits. CDNN sells all 3 and they remark in their ads that they interchange. I found some 7 round mags with an extended floorplate and finger rest marked "Sig" for a very good price on CDNN.

#11 ·
I have one Sig mag and the rest are Colt and Metalform. The metalform are ok for the range, but I have had some feed issues with them (maybe 2 rounds out of 100). No problems at all from the Sig or Colt mags.

#12 ·
I have one Sig mag and the rest are Colt and Metalform. The metalform are ok for the range, but I have had some feed issues with them (maybe 2 rounds out of 100). No problems at all from the Sig or Colt mags.
Insofar as I am aware Metalform makes Sig mags for them. They are OEM manufacturers for several brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.