1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jacksonco, Oct 5, 2011.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

if Colt Mustang magazines will work in a SIG P238? The Mustang mags cost less than i/2 that of the P238 mags.
  2. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

From what I read online they will but am not 100%, I saw someone a couple of days ago selling a P238 with one original mag and one mustang mag.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have heard yes from several folks but have never held one and snapped it in so I cant absolutely say.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I can say without a doubt that they do fit. My P238 came with one magazine and I bought two Colt mags off ebay and they do fit perfectly.

BTW Jeffrey, I just noticed your new picture, looking good, how much weight have you lost now?
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

In the area of 225# from my peak weight of 485#. The surgery and the walking I have been doing have been true life savers. I know that having the gastric bypass was the best decision I ever made regarding my health. The walking 5 - 10 miles a day was the second best. Thanks for noticing.

And thankyou for all that replied to my inquiry on this thread.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow, now thats a testimony! Congrats are in order! It takes much courage and control to make a change like you have. You have given yourself and your family extra years and better quality years at that. My hat is off to you. I can only imagine the desire and drive to change.
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Thanks DD for the words of encouragement. It certainly has been a journey. I am to just under 260 now and I would still like to lose another 60 - 80 pounds if possible.
  8. aryfrosty

aryfrosty New Member

They do work. Also any mag marked with the "Metalform" logo likewise fits. CDNN sells all 3 and they remark in their ads that they interchange. I found some 7 round mags with an extended floorplate and finger rest marked "Sig" for a very good price on CDNN.
  9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Thanks arfrosty! I ordered 2 mags (6 rounders) for my P238 from CDNN this evening. I opted for the mags without the extension but nearly ordered the extended ones but decided to just go with the reg mags.
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Yes they work. I had 1 original mag with my 238. The other 2 were colt mustang mags. The colt mags actually worked a little better.
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I have one Sig mag and the rest are Colt and Metalform. The metalform are ok for the range, but I have had some feed issues with them (maybe 2 rounds out of 100). No problems at all from the Sig or Colt mags.
  12. aryfrosty

aryfrosty New Member

Insofar as I am aware Metalform makes Sig mags for them. They are OEM manufacturers for several brands.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Jeffrey, I think you did pretty good with the non-finger extension ones. When I had my first 238 I ordered the finger extension one from CDNN. I did not like it once I got it, it just plain looked ugly on the 238
  14. aryfrosty

aryfrosty New Member

Looks pretty ugly, I agree. Feels great on my big hands when I shoot.