does anyone make .22cal BP firearms??

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/22/02 8:01:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    does anyone make .22cal BP firearms??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i was recently talking with a friend who mentioned to me that he was planning on building himself a .50cal bp rifle as a project... it got me to thinking, does anyone make a .22 cal bp firearm?? pistol or rifle?? might be a fun little gun, i dont know, it just sounds kinda cool to me, but then i tend to find interests in strange things.. any help on this would be appreciated.. thanks in advance,.. Ray in California
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/22/02 9:53:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: does anyone make .22cal BP firearms??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are some smaller revolvers being made that use a .22 BP charge. See them advertized in the junk magazines. Never tried one, tho.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/23/02 7:17:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: does anyone make .22cal BP firearms??
    I have seen the .22 pistols.....usally derringer`s and as stated above, look junky AND scarey.

There are .31 and .36 squirrel rifles. The .31` are usally in underhammer and the .36 in underhammer and regular caplock. They are big fun and accurate.....never seen a .22 rifle in BP.

LTS

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/28/02 2:31:57 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: does anyone make .22cal BP firearms??
    Kdub and LTS thanks guys!!! i guess the idea of a .22bp was/is impracticle or something... ive seen the derringer designs.. and im not fan of derringers anyhow... and NAA made a .22lr and .22mag bp revolver at one time.. was more interested in rifles though.. lil squirrel rifle.. black powder forager type rig... going to have to look into a .36 cal BP rifle then.. if i remember right, buckshot is a cheap alternative to buying ball for a .36.... or is that only for pistols?? either way, if they were made for squirrel, then it should work well for my desires... thanks again... any info on the buckshot for a .36cal subsitute in a rifle would be appreciated too.. Ray in California
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/1/02 2:33:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    CaliCollector -

Before getting into a .36 caliber, you may want to check out www.sportsmansguide.com/?AID=1556312&PID=534494

I have one of these and it is a fine little gun. And ammo for it is cheap (about $8.00 for 5lbs of Hornady #0 buckshot - somewhere close to 700 balls). Use this with .010 patching and you can take tree rats out as easy 1 - 2 - 3.

Regards

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/1/02 6:35:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    "North American Arms" makes a fine version of their 5-shot
    .22-Mini Revolver in .22-Black Powder now also.

Tac