Does anyone read German/ What is it?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BlackGun, Aug 22, 2004.

1. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

One of the kids comes in and show us a U.S.Army ammo can filled with small cardboard boxes of ammo that appears to be 9MM. The writting on the box ain't Texican or American. So we get out the micrometers and go to measuring. The case over all length is 1.158. case diameter is .380, case length 0.750. What do ya'll think it's heratege is? German, Russan or what an the tentive age!

Attached Files:

2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

It's German. 16 cartridges for the Pistole '08, which would be 9mm Luger.
  3. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

If anyone would have the answer, I knew you would! Now Get your A** over here your work is stacking up on you! "Ya just can't get good help anymore" :cool: "Yer killin me" :D "The demand for a true gunsmith is high.A lost art, So sad! Now get your fanny over here! :p "WORK,WORK,WORK"! HaH, I'm a slave driver! :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The akmmo was manufactured in 1940 and is very collectible. A few months ago I sold a few boxes at $40 each.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

And RWS is the abbreviation for Rheinishe-Westfalische Sprengstoff, cartridge makers since 1931 in various cities in Germany. Now known as Dynamit Nobel AG, Troisdorf-Oberlar, West Germany.

Soooo......looks like you've got some early WWII German issue 9mm pistol ammo.
  6. HappyNanoq

HappyNanoq New Member

Lives in the northern Jutland, which is where I gr
    It may be worth mentioning, that the fcharf or "scharfe" that's printed after the "16" - is the german word for "Live ammo" or can be interpreted as Full-Metal Jacketed.