Does Berry's website prices include shipping?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

johnfrommd
    (1/31/03 6:06:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Does Berry's website prices include shipping?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks,

John from MD

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/2/03 1:29:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Does Berry's website prices include shipping?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes it does, I've bought from them folks in the past.

Recently I've had fun swaging their 158 grain plated .38 special RN bullets into .44 caliber bullets. Of course you have to have some swaging dies in .44 caliber to do this.

This is strickly winter time boredom experimentation excercize, and not recomended as the plated bullets have a factory warning to not exceed 1200 fps velocity or they can shed their plated coating. And doing what I've done can weaken the plating even more because I'm screwing with the temper hardness of the lead.

But I plan on shooting a few next spring when it warms up around here, to see how they work in the lower velocity of about 650 to 800 fps range.

Note: I have also been able to swage 158 grain .38 caliber hardcast Meister lead bullets in the same fashion, and one can set a .44 caliber gascheck attop the base and ram it into the die thus swaging a gascheck onto a now .44 caliber bullet. Exciting a what isn't it...

Light weight .44 caliber bullets can go faster with less CUP physics. We'll see.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 2/5/03 3:16:24 pm

johnfrommd
    (2/2/03 7:16:16 pm)
    Thanks for the reply Gunguy. Are you using C-H dies to mash the bullets or do you have the expensive Corbin stuff? I tend to do strange things with bullets as well so I can understand the experimenting.<g>

Regards,

John from MD

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/5/03 3:02:59 pm)
    Yes, they are C&H swaging dies. If you need info on them go to www.ch4d.com they have website catalog and swaging dies are on page 15...I think.

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 2/5/03 3:11:49 pm