The Firearms Forum banner

Does Picking Up Your Brass At The Range Hurt Your Back?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Terry_P 
#1 · (Edited)
Pick Up Your Range Brass Without Bending Over...

....It kills my back. This thing look dandy, especially when dealing with 3-500 rounds with my group. I just came across this in one of my magazines and I think I'm going to give it a try. For $45 bucks and less sore back, it looks like a heck of an idea.

It comes in sizes for pistol/rifle and shotgun shells. There's a video on the page as well. I haven't ordered one yet, but I think I'm going to. And "no," I'm not affiliated with the company.

Ammo Wizard

See less See more
#2 ·
Howdy Pard

Good idea, I use a Super Dooper Pooper Scupper , you can get them from any PetCo or pet store, and there not that expensive, works for me, and once you get the brass in your scupper, even if the brass isn't yours, no one will ever ask for there brass back. Sure SAVES the back.....:cool:

tEN wOLVES :D

#3 ·
I use one of those big blue tarps. Just pick up the 4 corners. It does not take me long to figure out where to stand, sit, or put the table, to have the empties hit about in the middle of it. Of course it doesn't work too well if you move around a lot, but for most of my range shooting, it SURE HELPS at the end of the day.

For picking up brass during a match, what you found might work REAL well. ;):D
Let us know.

#6 ·
Re: Pick Up Your Range Brass Without Bending Over...

....It kills my back. This thing look dandy, especially when dealing with 3-500 rounds with my group. I just came across this in one of my magazines and I think I'm going to give it a try. For $45 bucks and less sore back, it looks like a heck of an idea.

It comes in sizes for pistol/rifle and shotgun shells. There's a video on the page as well. I haven't ordered one yet, but I think I'm going to. And "no," I'm not affiliated with the company.
Same thing they invented for picking up pecans. It picks up pecans, brass, rocks, sticks, and about anything that will fit between the wires, as they move aside to let it in. Should work well, I just use one of them reacher gadgets for $10, but I can only pick up one rd at a time. The one your looking at should work well, just roll it along the ground, and as it rolls over the brass it picks it up! How easy is that?

#9 ·
I have two and they work perfectly!! For pistol cases order the "Extra Small" size. After I used one at my IDPA club match, the club bought about 6 of them!

#11 ·
We shoot skeet in the RV park down here in TX and clean up after. For shell pick up we use round magnets (with handle) that are sold in building supply stores for nail pick up. For brass headed shells they will still pick them up by the primer. I never tried them on metallic but they are powerful so suspect they will work on them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.