does somebody recognize this weapon?? or give some info?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ikke5713, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ikke5713

ikke5713 New Member

I found this weapon in a old garage, can somebody give me some info ??.
    there is a logo on it "LEG *"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Resize the pictures and post them again.
  3. hrf

hrf Active Member

Looks like a cheap Belgian percussion boot or muff pistol, and the "LEG" logo is likely the Liege, Belgium ELG in an oval proofmark.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

5. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Member

It is a box lock, probably pre Civil War, don't shoot it. I've seen two antique brass-barreled pistols with the sides of the barrels ruptured. One had the left side of the barrel blown out, hope the shooter was left handed, but since that gun was part of a country doctor's estate, I suspect somebody at least got a load of gas in the face, if not schrapnel.

The other was on display at Mt. Vernon--a matched pair of flintlocks that belonged to GW. One barrel was blown out, no explanation given although both were prominently displayed.