Does the Tea Party Movement have ANY ideas or do they just complain?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by walien, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walien

walien Former Guest

I spent some time in the last week looking for ideas that the Tea Party movement might have one reducing the size of the government. I always read newspapers, but I have also googled this, looked around their websites and I can't find anything. The only ideas I find are: come out and protest, give us money and taxes bad.

What actual ideas do these people have that would reduce taxes. We are already running massive budget deficits and most of the money in government programs goes to entitlements (things we can't just easily stop).

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment, interest on the debt, Defense, the war on terror amounted to 84% of the national budget in 2007. There's not much pie left to reduce. in fact, if you add in justice, veterans affairs, education, TSA and NASA it's about 90%.

How do the people who go to these rallies expect to cut taxes when we're already in the red? In the case where they're paying so much taxes, how do they get time off to protest like this? What actual ideas do they have?

They're not better, to me, than some politicians (from both sides) who just use scare tactics to kill legislation and put their hand out for campaign contributions in the process.

Am I wrong? Do these people have any actual ideas? Are they suggesting we reduce the DOD? Cut Social Security? Medicare? Medicaid? How do they expect to cut taxes other than just borrowing more money so they can be irresponsible and pass along larger debts to the next generation.

Am I missing something here? We have deficits of hundreds of billions of dollars, the boomers are aging and are swelling the ranks of Medicare, so that cost will be going up for a long time. More people are starting to draw social security with fewer to pay. How do they expect to pay less taxes and do many of these people pay much to start with?
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

The government entitlement programs exist because of those who keep voting for it - namely - those who represent us (congress), or who are SUPPOSED to represent us and don't. They cater to special interest groups.

The main message from the tea party protesters is: we need NEW people in congress - across the board - since they're all sellouts.

With new people - who are willing to STOP spending, stop borrowing, and cut programs. That is the ONLY way to save us from the spiral we're in.

So, yes, Welfare needs to go away. Social Security must end. So must Medicaid and Medicare. These plans were NEVER meant to be the subsidy that they've become.

Follow the money - it leads to the corruption.

We need a massive turnover in representation - NOT Republicans, NOT Democrats - NOT politicians of ANY kind or stripe. They need to be regular, working people.
  3. graehaven

Please note - what I said above - will NEVER happen.

So, we are doomed.

The answer - prepare for the absolute worse case scenario you can possibly imagine - a la "Weimar Republic," Argentina, Martial Law/Dictatorship. And it will be worse than that.

That's what's coming.
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

Yes, they have only one idea.
    Follow the fricking guidelines set forth by the Founding Fathers of OUR country in the Constitution, The Bill of Rights and The Declaration Of Independence.

Good enough?

Art
  5. graehaven

Yep, that's all I want. Just follow the frickin' Constitution. :eek::mad:
  6. Jagger

Jagger New Member

The Tea Party Movement people that I know have no ideas whatsoever. They just complain.

They're mostly middle class white guys who blame their lack of financial success on the government.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Read what Art said. Following the Constitution is a great idea and it is not a very complicated process. I'm a TEA Party guy and I really don't need my intelligence insulted by someone who does not appear to have any ideas of his own. So I suggest you go lightly tossing around insults or maybe go troll somewhere else. Walien might take this to heart as well.
  8. walien

walien Former Guest

That all sounds nice, but what exactly do you mean? What programs do you want to cut? What specific ideas do you want to enact that will make the government more solvent?

It's easy to say I want small government and less taxes until it gets to the specifics. Cut Social Security? The 50+ Tea Partyers are not going to be with you there. Cut unemployment, particularly right now? You're going to lose a bunch more. Cut defense? You're going to lose a bunch more.

Where are the ideas? What specifically do people want to do to balance the budget, reduce the government and thus reduce taxes?
  9. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

How about getting rid of the Democraps Pork.. Can you say "Ear Marks"
  10. Greg48

Greg48 New Member

H.R. 450

Pass H.R. 450.
    Title: To require Congress to specify the source of authority under the United States Constitution for the enactment of laws, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Rep Shadegg, John B. [AZ-3] (introduced 1/9/2009) Cosponsors (52)
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  11. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Right now about all we can hope for is to stop the bleeding, or maybe slow it down. Why would you try to find fault with people expressing their frustration over the direction of the government anyway ? I guess I don't get that. But, for now, why don't we put a stop to the IDIOTIC notion that more government spending will help the economy. What's the motive behind all this "stimulus" spending ? WHERE did the money go ? Does anybody have a clue ? Why give ACORN $8 billion ? Why not see that the government and the idiots in charge are the problem, not the people protesting the idiots ?
    I live on a street where I'm in the minority because I get off my a$$ every morning and go to work and pay pretty close to 40% in taxes so the lazy neighbors of mine can sit at home and drink Colt 45 malt liqour and smoke f'n crack all day. You don't see that as a problem ? !!! ?
    The tea party people are NOT the problem.
  12. walien

walien Former Guest

Did you read my original post? The vast majority of the budget has nothing to do with earmarks. Also, there were tons of these under an all Republican rule. They're certainly not the domain of just democrats.

Where do you cut? 90% of the budget is from the programs I listed and there's a $600B deficit. Where do you cut even to balance the books.
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

How about we stop giving ss to those that didn't pay into it? Maybe the government should keep their fingers out of it.
    FYI, here in Warshington we have extended unemployment benefits.
    I have been unemployed for 3 months in the last 30 years. That's a lot of money I paid into that has now been given to someone else.
    I pay property taxes so my kid can go to school. He's out now, so I'm paying to send other peoples kids to school.

As a simple starting point, howsabout you get what YOU pay for?
    My SS is MINE. My unemployment compensation was paid by me. It's MINE.
    My Medicare is MINE. I paid for it. Why don't we stop giving away hard working peoples money to those that didn't earn it?

If we cut the military, do we get a tax break? Not on your life. The money just goes into another black hole.

Someone give me a list of where my taxes are spent, and I promise I'll find plenty of cuts to make.
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

Some things will have to be a write off and they just as well be.
    Take me for example. I've paid in to S.S. for over 35 years.
    I've never seen a cent of it.
    I've been out of work with no income for over 2 years due to my health.
    S.S. denied me.
    I'll more than likely be dead by this time next year, If I make it out of this year. I have no family. Who gets MY money?
    The system is flawed to put it politely.

Of all of the things that you have listed, the common defense of the borders and interest of the United States and the collection of tariffs on imports were the only things that the federal goverment was supposed to do. All other items should be ran and funded by the states.
    Read the Constitution. It was a working blueprint for this county for 150 years before the politicans started screwing with it.

Art
  15. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

:( :( :( :( :( :(