Does this seem suspicious to anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jbmid1, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    A drowned body doesn't float, at least not for several days. The article doesn't say if the body was floating, or not, just that she was found under a dock. A drowned body sinks right where it's at. A current can, and will, move a drowned body, but I doubt there is much current in a lake.
  3. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Good point Carver. From the story, she went swimming and was found the next morning. No talk of any search and rescue efforts. No mention of whether the family noticed she was missing, just enough info. to make me wonder.
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I've known a lot of lakes with reasonable currents - enough certainly to move a body. A lake is fed by a source - be it one or more streams or underground springs and that does create a current. It doesn't have to be much to move a body some distance. West Okojobi Lake has a drainage area of a 125 sq. miles so there is definitely a current. Whether or not there was any foul play will be up to the authorities to determine.
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Had a bad week, was probably fatigued and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she had been drinking. I've done the same thing myself when I was younger adter a hard week or a bad day. Relax with a few brews and when I felt the buzz jumped in the lake and swam across it and back to unwind. She could have hit he head on something diving into the water or gotten a cramp, we will likely never know. I'm sorry for the family, sounds like she was a real champion.
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Yes, it sounds a bit suspicious, but not enough to form any beliefs about. Of course one could speculate..... One thing that doesn't make sense is that her husband wasn't aware of when and how this happened.
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I dont know. What i find hard to believe is that someone wasn't missing that in bed that night.