Does your boss allow you to bring a gun to work?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by streetbob, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Does you boss allow you to carry at work?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2013.
  1. I own my own business, so I have the option.

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yes, I am allowed to carry on the job.

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Yes, I am allowed to carry, but not on person it has to be in the car.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. No, my boss does not allow me to carry on person or in my car.

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. sting75ray

sting75ray Active Member

The oil and gas company I work for has a no firearm policy. I wish they would change it but big companies are pretty set in their ways.
  2. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Right now, there is a .40 M&P in his desk drawer, a S&W 99 .40 in my coat hanging behind me, and a snub .38 in, I assume, her (the daughter's) purse.
    Monday, the Boss was in his office calling the State reps about the gun bills up for a vote, and the week before he was yelling at another one about the Sequester nonsense.
    He listens to the NRA network on his computer all the time.
    So you could say I have it made here.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

funny this thread pops up while I am at work.

setting 1' away from me on my desk top near my frosty diet soda is my keltec p3at in carry holster.. :)
  4. wolfdog

wolfdog Member

Company I work for has a no firearms policy. I have a written exemption to said policy. Mostly because I am the guy the alarm company calls if it goes off at night, secondly because I do most of the firearms repairs for the owners of the company.
  5. clamman

clamman Member

I run a counter at a equipment rental store. The XDs is real close by. Had to almost use it once. Amazing what the bad guy does when you reach under a counter:eek:
  6. barmstrong2

barmstrong2 New Member

There is a written policy on firearms at work. No firearms allowed inside the workplace. But, I can have it in my car and, being a very small workplace where all the guys are gun enthusiats, we do have show-n-tell frequently.

But, to carry... no.
  7. BigAl07

BigAl07 New Member

I work for a fairly small company in a small town so everyone knows everyone. I carry and my boss carries. I'm the guy they call up front if someone is "acting up" and they need some Meat on the counter. LOL!

We talk guns fairly often in my office and most all of my friends are L/E and guns are us :)
  8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

had a good one yesterday. customer asked if they let me carry at work. asked him if he really wanted to find out. his eyes grew three sizes before he stuttered, NO!..