The Firearms Forum banner

Donnie D's Look at the Wife's Browning Buckmark

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Donnie D 
#1 ·

Donnie D

#2 ·
I've never seen a Buckmark w/that short of a barrel. But like it. I've come to the conclusion that that design is one of the best for accuracy. Similar design as the S&W .22A and others. Nice gun!

#4 ·
Donnie that is a Slabside Barrel. The same barrel as a bull barrel with the sides milled off. The reason for this is to balance the gun better and lighten it a little. The bull barreled ones are about a hundred dollars cheaper but shoot just as good. I have a few Rugers with the slab side barrels in 6 /78 inches. That is a very nice gun you have there and the Rugers are a little difficult to take down until you learn the tricks and get used to them. My wife also loves to shoot the Rugers in 22LR. I recently just got a Sig 1911 22 and it sort of looks like shes eying that one too. I dont care as long as I can keep her interested in shooting.

#5 ·
You're right about that. So much better and more enjoyable with the wife interested in shooting as well.
Thanks for the info about the barrel.
Donnie D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.