The Firearms Forum banner

Don't buy from KBAR Cartridge

6K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  kostnerave 
#1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know about a problem I encountered with KBAR cartridge when trying to order some once fired brass. I got online and noticed they had some great prices on brass so I ordered 1000 9mm and 1000 .308. Got the 9mm shells in about a week, but no .308. waited a week or so, then decided to make a phone call. I was told there had been a mistake and a lot of the .308 brass had got mixed up so they were having to resort and would get my ordered shipped and should have it in about a week. VERY LONG STORY SHORT I kept making phone calls and kept getting stories, but no brass. I remembered I had paid them through paypal so i decided to get on there and open a dispute, and did so 44 days after the order (glad i did it then because you only have 45 days to start a case).

After starting a dispute I realized this wasn't going anywhere so I escalated the issue to where Paypal oversees the process and make a decision like a judge. Finally KBAR cartridge admitted that there was a problem and the package had not been mailed out. They told me to close my dispute case so they could refund the money. I called Paypal and they told me the seller was just trying to get me to close the case so they wouldn't have to pay me back, because they could refund my money while the case was open. It's now been 2 months and no brass or money back, I'm sure Paypal is going to refund my money to me just have to wait 2 more weeks.

Just wanted to save you guys the time and the hassle so you don't end up in this situation.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks!

I order quite a bit of once-fired brass online from several different places. I will not order from KBAR.

I've had good experiences with BBR brass (VERY fast delivery, quality brass, excellent CS, and free shipping) and SCHARCH once-fired military brass. These are usually the ones I stick with. Sometimes what seems like a bargain, ain't; and I would rather pay a little more for quality, assurance, and customer service.

#5 ·
I was looking for once fired .357 brass. After a lot of research I found that I could buy new brass form Starline for very close to the same price as the once fired. .357 may be the exception to the rule, I don't know. I had no complaint with they way they do business, an asset to the hobby I'm sure.

see:
http://www.starlinebrass.com/

#8 ·
nah thats ebay bob. Paypal dont care where you send you money so long as they get their monthly cut.

#12 ·
Kbar also took me for about $6,000. We had a good relationship for a couple years and then Jeff (the owner) took on getting into the projectile manufacturing business. He lost his hat in that business and instead of admitting defeat decided to screw alot of big clients to make up his losses. He was a great guy or so i thought but when it came to his money he got selfish. I have only one option left and that is to sue but frankly I don't want to waste 6 months of my life only to not get paid anyway. They are trying hard to sell the company but i dought it will sell. His career in the wholesale markets is already over anyway. I'll just forgive him, right it off as a loss and move on with my life.

Sorry to hear all you other guys got screwed too! I was hoping i was the only one! :mad:

James

#14 ·
Ive been waitting 2.5 wks for 1000 9mm shells. wish you would have posted sooner. but i did call and got the same story about how they had to sort and mail out. i hope i get my shells soon.

#15 ·
Checking online they have some bad reviews. You folks that have been screwed maybe should add to the list of dissatisfied customers.

#18 ·
Believe it or not just got my shipping confirmation from PayPal, Kbar shipped my 1000 9mm shells. Finally it took 4 wks to get this email. After hearing all the bad, I won't buy again from them. Just happy they will be hear Friday.

#22 ·
Ive got some of Top Brass' product. Clean and well sorted. And very affordable. Customer service is top notch too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.