Don't do nothing with that Brittany Boob stuff!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lead Lobber, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Most likely contains damaging code that will screw your computer up!!!!
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Taken care of....Thanks for reporting.
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Uh oh... what about the "other" pics? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

mike
    gn
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Big boobs have a rich history of screwing me up. I'm used to it.
  5. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

FYI, guys and gals. I clicked recently on a Paris Hilton image displayed in exactly the same format. Here's what happened. Like a fool with boobs in my face, I said "yes" to a download, which installed a Trojan Horse on my comptuter that I have yet to erase entirely. It still generates an authentic looking warning that my computer has been compromised. Click on that (right or left) and you are online looking at a pitch for Spy Ware.

LSS, I bit and spent $90 for Spy Ware. The download purged most of the offending files, but Spy Ware wanted another $50 to dump the rest, and I refused to bite again (my momma did not raise any fools, or did she?). I went to Costco instead and purchased Spy Sweeper for $25, and sure enough, it identified the exact number of files Spy Ware wanted another $50 to dump.

But something remains; I still get related files identified by scheduled sweeps which indicate part of the Trojan Horse is still alive and well, continuing to download who knows what in the background. I'm going to refer it to the high tech person that writes a column for the local newspaper. I think the fix may require editing delicate system files, like the directory, for instance.

So, if you all see attachments that are obviously not permitted on this forum, be carefull. The poster will have a very recent creation date and a name that seems random (read random generator), and the attachments look like framed pictures; in both my experiences, two on top, and two more on a second row, framed with an edge designed to look like film - small alternating black and white rectangles. And the frame features a slight concavity on all edges.

Please immediately report such to the moderators by alerting a Guild Navigator, whom will inhale Melange, then in turn pass the message along to Fremen assasins, who will draw knives fashioned from worm teeth and slay invaders, later to be rendered for their water.

LL

I know, I get carried away sometimes :eek:

Let's all stand up and applaud the TFF mods and admins that do their best to keep this site neat and clean. :D :D Yeah!, loud whistles, feet stomping, and thunderous applause! :D :D
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Next time, disable System Restore before you run Spy Sweeper, then reenable it after the sweep is complete.

"System Restore creates backup copies of the essential system files so they can be restored if they get corrupted. Sometimes this makes disinfection difficult as backup files can get infected and copied to System Restore folder by Windows. Then after disinfection Windows will copy the infected file back over the clean ones."
  7. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Thank you very much for the info, SouthernMoss - I'll follow that procedure and post a "range report" :D

LL
  8. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Thanks, wouldn't think of it!
  9. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Ok, the first "Range Report" follows. Unfortunately, before I could tear myself away from local PBS programming (great ball room dancing, then song by Sting), my Norton protection kicked in and did something. I said yes, then rebooted, as required.

Then I followed SoMo's instuctions, and have not rebooted so far (I've taken to leaving it up so scheduled maintenance can be done automatically with a pillow case over the monitor at night, so the light does not keep me awake), unless Bill Gates says, "oh, nooo, please reboooot me ...."!

Good computer care is automatic these days, so why not take advantage of that capabiliy?

Anyhow, looks good so far. The annoying flashing icon on the toolbar is gone, and so far the phoney message has not popped up again (the one that sends one to the web with a promo to buy software).

Have I obliterated the X ring? Time will tell, but I'll report soon, one way, or the other, but I have determined the aim is dead on, having blasted it full of .45 holes, thanks to SoMo, Samuel Colt, and Bill Gates!

Take care, ladies and gentlemen, and please don't fall for those tempting booby traps .... :eek: :eek:

LL

Beautifil day, sunny and 72 degrees in the South Bay, and I have truely slain the Trojan Horse with concentrated continuous fire dead center one the x-ring. SoMo's pistol shoots real nice - thank you, again.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  10. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

johnston3407 - not sure where you came in here, but welcome to TFF.

LL
  11. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Just for info. Should you go to your browser and type in "spybot.com" you can for free download an anti spy ware program. I have used this to double check my Norton spyware ,also before I purchased Norton it proved very useful. Hope this helps. catfish
  12. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

ude suphose a mod wood jus dileat dis. We al no we gots a pg cite an topp o frst paig der bee a post abowt der yung gurlz bewbs.
  13. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You can leave your computer running and turn off just the monitor at night. Your maintenance applications will run as scheduled, whether the monitor is on or not. :)

P.S. Glad you like my pistol. ;)