RUGER...RUGER...RUGER...RUGER...RUGER...RUGER

THAT...is my suggestion! :D

mike
gn

#4 ·
Oh, I like that Ruger. However, the Beretta looks like it would disassemble/assemble easier than a Ruger. Don't know about this one but those earlier mark Rugers can be a trip to put back together after cleaning.

One of the guys here just got a Mk III and put a red dot sight on it. That can make for some fun plinking. The Beretta comes with the integral rail, but with Ruger you would have to go with the P4 or P512 to have it come tapped and with a scope base. The trouble is that the P45GC comes with the cool looking flat-sided barrel.

Took me a year to decide between getting a CZ52 or a TT33. Hope you have an easier decision---Mike

#5 · (Edited)
The ruger i bought recently comes with a top rail that can be put on it by the owner. Its nice and close to the top of the barrel and should be really accurate if i ever set it up with a scope.

mike
gn

#6 ·
The ruger i bought recently comes with a top rail that can be put on it by the owner. Its nice and close to the top of the barrel and should be really accurate if i ever set it up with a scope.

mike
gn
Mike, Congratulations!!!... what flavor of the Ruger MK did you get???

#7 ·

THAT...is my suggestion! :D

mike
gn
ditto, R U G E R !!!

#9 ·
I got a Berreta Neos for Christmas and I love it. I am sure the Ruger is an incredible weapon and I have a lot of trust in their products however the Neos is great, excellent crisp trigger, and very accurate and fun to shoot.

#10 ·
Here are two pics of the screws in the top of my Ruger 22/45 Mark III and one of the rail they provided. Screw the rail on and you're good to go for a laser or scope.... and Mine only cost me $225 brand new! Oh sure Rugers might be a little more complicated to take apart but accuracy is much better and it functions very very well.

If you want something easy to take apart... by a Walther. But be sure you have postage to send it back!

mike
gn

PS

RUGER RULES!!!!:D:D:D:D

Attachments

#12 ·
Chit, I might just get both, my bros like the Neo because he's into the whole Star Trek and Star Wars thing. (he's 24, 25 in August.) I can sneak two past my mum, just need a plan.

#14 ·
Chit, I might just get both, my bros like the Neo because he's into the whole Star Trek and Star Wars thing. (he's 24, 25 in August.) I can sneak two past my mum, just need a plan.
I've been able to sneak several dozen past my wife over the past few years, just wait until she is out and BOLDLY bring them in. Years ago when I had gun racks on the wall, I would just bring them in and hang them on the gun rack. When she would ask if it was new, my answer would be - that thing has been hanging there for a couple of years. Now I just put them in the safe - she can't open it!!

#16 · (Edited)
ok, i see you have a blued version of 22/45... is that 512 or 678? bull or tapered? blue loctite that rail Sir :D
Its a short bull barrel... It says:

Target Model
Ruger 22/45 MK III

The bull barrel is a completely round bull barrel without the flattened sides of the barrel as i have seen on some Rugers.
512 or 678? I dunno? P4MKIII ??

Its pretty much this one right here:
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=10109&return=Y

I don't think i will put the rail on it anytime soon. The main reason for buying this was to keep in practice with regular sights at an affordable 22lr price as opposed to the more expensive centerfire rounds.

mike
gn

#17 ·
ok, 512 = 5 1/2 inch barrel and 678 = 6 7/8 inches

so your is either 4 or 5 1/2 inches based on that link.

nice aquistion (you've done very well lately :))

mk II and/or III pistols are tough to beat ;)

#18 ·
Ruger rules! ;) :D

Art

#19 ·
Lets see, if I can save about $700 I can get both an a mag or two each and still cover tax and other fees.

#20 ·
I've been able to sneak several dozen past my wife over the past few years, just wait until she is out and BOLDLY bring them in. Years ago when I had gun racks on the wall, I would just bring them in and hang them on the gun rack. When she would ask if it was new, my answer would be - that thing has been hanging there for a couple of years. Now I just put them in the safe - she can't open it!!
a man after my own heart :D

#21 ·
I put my vote on the Ruger. I've owned all Marks of the pistol with different barrel lengths and styles. For the money, you just couldn't ask for more. I see you're contemplating the 22/45. Just can't get behind the plastic stuff. I'll take steel and wood any day. TJ

#22 ·
I wouldn't get either.

I don't know whether the Beretta is a good gun or not. It's just fugly. Turns me off just looking at it.

Based on past good experience with Ruger, and especially with their 22 pistols, I bought a 22/45. Did not like it at all. They say the grip angle is the same as a 45. Did not feel like that to me. Also did not like the plastic frame. Kept it for a year, shot it maybe 200 times, sold it at a loss.

Now, a Mark I or Mark II bull barrel is a different story. That would be something to buy.

#23 ·
I agree with Alpo, as all my Rugers have been of the steel variety. As for the Beretta, you couldn't give me that pistol. Just plain ugly. TJ

#25 ·
I love my rugers also. Have a red dot on my MKIII comp. Target and it is very accurate as mentioned in many of the above posts. If adding the scope rail remember degrease and a drop of red locktite. Me in a hurry put the rail and scope on and within 20 rounds it was rattled loose. Had to wait another day to do it right and let the locktite dry before adding the scope. I now keep a small bottle of locktite in my range bag. Along wiht a complete tool kit and just about everything except the kitchen sink. I have the chance to shoot 4 to 5 days a week and don't like to have a problem I can't fix at the range. The range bag weighs nearly 45 lbs. with the guns inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.