Don't tell my wife...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Feb 27, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My wife is WONDERFUL. Not only is she a GREAT cook, but she likes to 'experiment" and loves me for being "adventurous" and not complaining when she tries something new. (Actually she RARELY "screws the pooch" on her recipes, and when she does, SHE knows it before I do!) She also collects cookbooks, so she "kind of" understands me collecting GUNS... (KIND of... :p )

Anyway, she has a strange job that has her working wierd shifts. When she has to close the store, she works until midnight, and then when she has to get the "new releases" ready for tomorrow, she might not be home until 1:00am, like tonight.

She ALWAYS worries about what I'm going to eat when I get home, MOST of the times has something nice ready before she leavesw I can just heat up, but some days our schedules are too screwed up, like tonight...and I'm "on my own..." boo hoo... :(

Well, Saturday was ALMOST such a day, so after she left, I got out a pack my 1" Venison butterfly backstrap steaks from my young buck this year to thaw, but then she called on break and we decided to have a late pizza...so the steaks went into the fridge.

This morning she felt REALLY bad, but since she had to go in at 3, and I wouldn't get home until late, I was "on my own..." :cool:

:cool: First, pop a can of Miller High Life lite, then dig out the Kraft macaroni shells and 3 cheese and put on the stove to boil. Then rummage through the cupboards, to find a veggie. HHhhhmmm... a can of el cheapo "Mixed vegetables...'" (And she says she NEVER buys anything but "name brands..." :p) ..put it on the back burner...

Start the grill, get it NICE and hot...

Beat the butterflies, sprinkle both sides with some garlic salt and black pepper, and just a TOUCH of Accent... and then sprinkle some in the veggies too...why not?

Dig through the spice cabinet, HHhhmmm...Ground Basil, I wonder what THAT is...(sprinkle in the veggies) then time to drain and butter the shells (add a dolop to the veggies that are cooking too) mix the cheese powder (never TOO much cheese, so add a little piece of chedder leftover in a baggie in the fridge, two slices of Velveeta, and some parmesan, and what the heck, sprinkle some parmesan in the veggie pot...then put everything on low, and go out to the HOT grill...

Flip on the backstraps, about two minutes or so on one side, run in to stir the other stuff, put it on the table, pop another Miller High Life lite...run out and flip 'em...count to 60 SLOW...then put on the plate... Charred outside, hot pink inside, with a nice streak of RED in the middle... :) :) :) :) (Only THREE ways to cook a STEAK, beef OR venison, Rare, Medium rare, or BURNT!)

My GOODNESS don't tell my wife I eat this well WITHOUT her.... :cool: :) :)
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. ksswamprat

ksswamprat New Member

You got me plum hungry from that. Just the description caused me to gain weight! Eat well and enjoy!

Swamprat
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

PolishShooter, you are CRUEL! :D

Pops
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I won't tell, if you don't.
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

OMG

Thanks alot, I havent eaten anything but a vitamin in 12 hours.

Oh well, gotta stick to my guns and get a couple lbs off, I know what I'm cooking after I reach my goal though! :p

Crpdeth
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

what do you do with your SCOOPS (chips)

I dip mine in a mix of
    1 can potted meat
    1 TBS spoon horseradish
    1 cup salsa (hot)
    2 fine chopped Habanores (sp)
    mix all well in a medium bowl and enjoy
    Heart burn be damed

BUT DON"T TELL CARLA :D :D :D :D :D
  7. lead

lead Active Member

Sounds like you got it made! When that gal has a day off, you'd better take her out to the restaurant of her choice and treat her like a queen.
    Some guys have all the luck.
  8. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

We don't have to tell Carla! After eating that, she'll know you've been eating something strange all by herself! Her nose will know!
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

that's the wrong way to go about it. :eek: you should eat 6 small meals, limit your coffee (caffinated) intake & add some chromium to your vitamin suppliment. good luck w/ it, i'm in the process of trying to loose some weight myself. :rolleyes:

polishshooter ~ i wont tell but only if you'll give troy (my hubby) some lessons. LOL! :D
  10. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

:D

CARLA: "Did you just FART?"

358: "God I hope so!" :eek:
  11. flopshot

flopshot New Member

shooter you better stay away from the garlic and lemon pepper or she'll know what you been doin bud :D
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Believe me, you don't want to fart after eating two habaneres. You just might be shooting fire out of there :eek:
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Sounds super delicious, Polish. :)

Can you send some of that delicious stuff my way? Especially if RARE in the middle and almost charred outside at the same time. That's heaven on earth!!!!!
  14. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Don't tell my wife ......I went to whataburgers

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I am telling :eek: :rolleyes: :D ;)