Dorms for permited gun owners...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Double D, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

2. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

I can't beleive that Colorado would even concider anything like this!
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I think its a great idea except I dont understand why they need to separate anybody. They are making it sound as if gun owners are lepers or something and need special housing.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree DD. It will be ironic if there is s shoot out in the non-gun dorm rooms and not the pro-gun dorms. That would prove a point. It's a step in the right direction but not quite a bullseye IMO. I believe they ought to be able to CCW or open carry there as easy as anywhere else.
  5. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Are they going to put signs on the buildings that, effectively, declare which ones are safe to attack?
  6. 76Highboy

That's the funny part about that.
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

This is discrimination. How is it any different than the "Separate But Equal" policy?
  8. ozo

ozo Active Member

In the words of a comedian......
    "what a country"--Yakov Smirnoff
  9. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

Just one more jerk knee reaction govt at its best.
  10. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Only thing is, it's a school. Guns are supposed to be prohibited in any school - at least that's what Idaho law says. I don't see anywhere that it states here that a university campus is exempt from that regulation since a university is still a school.
  11. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

It is a state issue.
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

States' rights. They don't keep blacks in separate areas of the campus. Why should gun owners be discriminated against?
  13. 76Highboy

That is what has been on my mind.
  14. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

If I were still in college, I'd jump at the chance. Just means it's a safer dorm with better company.
  15. langenc

langenc Member

That may be the 'rule' in ID but a couple of colleges (schools) in UT allow guns and mysteriously there have been NO shootings. There are others that I dont recall at the moment.
  16. RichR

RichR Member

CU lost the right to ban CCW on compus-this is a power/control issue-we have the right to do etc-etc-etc.Colorado State University does not have any such issue at this point***Remember The Peoples Republic of Boulder!!
  17. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it's like gun owning students are kryptonite or something. I fail to see the difference between discrimination of race vs. gun ownership other than you have a choice about gun ownership. It's to appease the anti-gun crowd, lest they get too close to a scary gun!

do you guys have leprosy? uh, no, we just own firearms....

I had to stop reading the (anti-gun) comments before I get an ulcer. Ignorant people need a wake up call about armed LAC's. Fear of the unknown. When I know nothing about a subject, I try to at least educate myself on the matter a little bit before I run my mouth (too much anyway...)!
  18. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

there was a piece on the news (amazingly it made it on the news) a couple years ago about a woman who was a student and had gotten raped on campus; she was a CCW holder but could not legally carry on campus and safe to say a sexual assault would have been prevented had she been armed. it sucks that the majority of higher education facilities are 'gun free zones', hasn't worked out too well so far. But I'm preaching to the choir here.....
  19. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

20. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Personally I think since the high court ruled that not allowing cc with permit in dorms was a IIA violation then all dorms should be designated as such. If there are, however those who couldn't sleep knowing there was a firearm in the same building with them (even though statistically they would be safer) there could be separate areas for them.
    We could call them Demotoriums or Libotoriums or my personal favoriteā€¦ Bait.:rolleyes: