Dorms for permited gun owners...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Double D, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RichR

RichR Member

CU lost the right to ban CCW on compus-this is a power/control issue-we have the right to do etc-etc-etc.Colorado State University does not have any such issue at this point***Remember The Peoples Republic of Boulder!!
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it's like gun owning students are kryptonite or something. I fail to see the difference between discrimination of race vs. gun ownership other than you have a choice about gun ownership. It's to appease the anti-gun crowd, lest they get too close to a scary gun!

do you guys have leprosy? uh, no, we just own firearms....

I had to stop reading the (anti-gun) comments before I get an ulcer. Ignorant people need a wake up call about armed LAC's. Fear of the unknown. When I know nothing about a subject, I try to at least educate myself on the matter a little bit before I run my mouth (too much anyway...)!
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

there was a piece on the news (amazingly it made it on the news) a couple years ago about a woman who was a student and had gotten raped on campus; she was a CCW holder but could not legally carry on campus and safe to say a sexual assault would have been prevented had she been armed. it sucks that the majority of higher education facilities are 'gun free zones', hasn't worked out too well so far. But I'm preaching to the choir here.....
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

5. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Personally I think since the high court ruled that not allowing cc with permit in dorms was a IIA violation then all dorms should be designated as such. If there are, however those who couldn't sleep knowing there was a firearm in the same building with them (even though statistically they would be safer) there could be separate areas for them.
    We could call them Demotoriums or Libotoriums or my personal favorite… Bait.:rolleyes:
  6. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Discrimination is alive and well in America. Most of it promulgated by the US government.

Affirmative action is direct discrimination if you are not one of the "affirmed"

Ever heard the phrase "protected class"? This is the exact terminology that the government uses, and it's horrifying.

Aren't we supposed to have equal protection under the law? How on earth can you single out certain groups and protect them more? Absolutely, positively inarguable that the state promotes discrimination.

Ever heard of a "hate crime"? Let's say I'm walking down the streets of my hometown and some thug beats the crap out of me. Simple assault, guy gets a fine, maybe a night in jail. I can sue him for my expenses. That's all he gets as I'm straight, white, Christian male.

Let's say I'm gay....now that's a "hate crime" and this guy's facing 10 years in a Federal Pen.

Explain how I wasn't discriminated against?

America discriminates today as much as it ever did. It's just cleaner and neater.
  7. langenc

langenc Member

No seperate blacks==you have not been on a campus.

Black dorms and athlete dorms are common.