Double Barrel Shotgun taken from a German soldier in WW2 with a wolf on the side ...

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jcrobbins, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jcrobbins

jcrobbins New Member

... what brand is that? My Dad's uncle brought this shotgun home from the war and we've had it ever since but the only manufacturer's mark I see is a wolf on engraved in the metal on the side. That and the serial # (29,xxx) are the only marks.

Can anyone tell me more about the shotgun?

Thanks,
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Re: Double Barrel Shotgun taken from a German soldier in WW2 with a wolf on the side

jcrobbins,
    Welcome to the forum. There's a couple knowledgable shotgun guys on board, so your gun should be identifiable. First - you're going to need to dismount the barrels from the receiver and look on the bottom of the barrel set as well as on the flat part of the receiver, where the barrels rest - called the "water table." If (and most likely it is) the gun is of European manufacture - there will be an array of markings and numbers in both places. Either take a couple in focus pics of those markings or fully describe those marks and numbers - as written. This info will help nail down the country of origin and possibly the manufacturer of the gun.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Re: Double Barrel Shotgun taken from a German soldier in WW2 with a wolf on the side

I'll add that it will not be a military gun "taken from a German soldier" but more likely a sporting gun "liberated" from a German farmer..