double barrel

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by logging22, Oct 26, 2009.

1. logging22

logging22 New Member

have a 30 inch double barrel damascus ser #5801. Any info would be great.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Well that certainly narrows it down.:D
    How about any markings on the barrels and water table (the flat spot under the barrels when you break it open), and some good clear pics would save hours of guessing.;)
  3. logging22

logging22 New Member

sorry trap. The gun is with a friend for a few days. Didnt write anything down. When i get it back i will post the numbers 4 you. Have a little patience please. Its very old and he is trying to get those numbers to come up.
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Just ribbing ya.:)
    Get that info and pics when ya can, then we'll find out what it is.
  5. logging22

logging22 New Member

Thanx bro. Will do.
  6. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

When you get the gun back, look for any and all markings you can find. Especially look on the top rib and the side of the locks for a makers or sellers name. Look on the bottom of the barrels under the forearm for any proof marks. Belgian made guns will have the letters "ELG" in an oval with a crown over that. English made guns will have crossed halbards (spear/battle axe) or secpters with a crown over that and letters in the intersections. American made guns will have nothing. By the bay, serial number alone are not worth a damn in identifying a gun. There is no centeral listing for serials. Each maker has their own series and it can change with different models.