DOUBLE DIPPER

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/27/01 8:20:57 am)
    Reply DOUBLE DIPPER
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now we all know, your not supposed to do this.....but I`m sure there are a pair of identical ones owned by this seller.

AA Item # 1592046
    GB Item# 1696187

Hum???
    "am not" R2

bondai
    (7/27/01 11:29:57 am)
    Reply Re: DOUBLE DIPPER
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just sent an email to both bidders (shame on me) I also sent a letter to AA about "mickmrm" and his double posting practices. I received a response back in 5 minutes and it was very positive. I think there may be a light at the end of the tunnel....Just have to keep up the pressure.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/27/01 12:13:04 pm)
    Check out seller mp-5. He has many of the same auctions on both boards. For some reason he is usually a few dollars cheaper on AA than on GB.

Here are a couple just for starters.

GB #1709427
    AA #1601375

GB #1709403
    AA #1601369

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

bondai
    (7/27/01 12:20:13 pm)
    You know I don't see a problem with a seller double posting small items like mags or other accessory items, if they have enough items on hand to fill the orders of all the high bidders. What I do have a problem with is these guys who double post one of a kind items. They are often so blatent about it they use the same photos. Someone is going to lose out. In many states it is illegal to offer an item for sale that you don't have, gee I wonder why.

Spanish Cruffler
    (7/27/01 12:21:06 pm)
    MP5 also has a bunch of Destroyer carbines he is selling - he always starts them at $169 - thing is, it is the same picture of the same Destroyer carbine he uses every time. Looks pretty, but is what he selling really as good as the one pictured?

MPinkston
    (7/27/01 4:03:54 pm)
    Reply DOUBLE DIPPER
    Could be he bought a batch of them from AIM surplus and is using the AIM photo? Just a possibility......

WyomingSwede
    (7/27/01 5:41:10 pm)
    I have dealt with MP-5 on a number of occasions...he buys the stuff surplus and pieces it out. He has always been fair with me and his stuff is in the condition advertised. He may use identical pictures but you will not get stiffed on either condition or price.
    I would have no problem dealing with him again. If you are a repeat customer...you can e-mail him direct and even get a little off an identical item to the one listed's price.
    I know he advertises on both boards but I would have no problem dealing with him. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

Zigzag2
    (7/28/01 12:03:34 am)
    Re: DOUBLE DIPPER
    I'm glad you made that last post Wyoming Swede, it's good to know there are some good Dealers out there yet. lol

Zig

Bob In St Louis
    (7/28/01 8:34:32 am)
    My only comment is that if he is not going to use a photograph of the actual rifle, he needs to state in his add that it is similar to the one illustrated, or some such verbage.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!