double dipping seller

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

2many22s
    (2/1/03 3:08:18 pm)
    Reply double dipping seller
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This might belong in "Fire For Effect" but I thought I would share it with you good folks in G.D. It dosn't bother me much on new items but on used guns it ticks me off. What you say? Sellers listing the same items in two different auctions. Brand X and A.A. have a seller "ggunshop" out of TN. that is listing his wares on both auctions. Seller has a bad feed back on brand X for selling something out from under a "buy it now" customer and is now setting himself up for more of the same. I was looking at a Derringer at the X # 7226595 and then noticed the same gun at A.A. # 3853099. Upon further investigation it seems all his wares are double listed.
    BID AT YOUR OWN RISK! (rant off.)

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/1/03 6:39:17 pm)
    Reply Re: double dipping seller
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kind of a slow day on the board, anyway - so, it won't hurt to leave the posting here in GD for a while.

Agree - shady dealings are really detestible.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/1/03 8:22:17 pm)
    As I have heard before from....well you know!!! It doesn`t matter as long as the goods are delivered.....at one site or the other; which means-----I`m sure you know??? Neither site cares about "ethics"......very sad....fear not-both are this way......sluts for the dollar and little regard for the buyer.

Oh wait.....buyer protection!!!!! HARDY-HAR -HAR!!!!

LTS

2many22s
    (2/1/03 10:26:28 pm)
    I emailed the seller asking if I won both auctions could I expect to get a matched pair. I'll not hold my breath while I await an answer.

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/2/03 1:21:53 am)
    Awww...come on...hold your breath, I like the color blue.

2many22s
    (2/3/03 1:42:29 pm)
    LTS; Ethics? Who needs em, they have user agreements don't they
    pickenup; No can do! Much as I hate to admit it in public, I'm smurfaphobic.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/3/03 11:02:08 pm)
    Re: double dipping seller
    2many22s

I am curious as to the outcome of that email you sent

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

2many22s
    (2/3/03 11:43:58 pm)
    warpig; I emailed the seller thru the X mail system. I listed both auction numbers but the filter system deleted the words Auction Arms before that #. I think the seller will get the idea but I don't really expect an answer. If they do, I'll pass it on. I also emailed A.A. but I expect no answer there either. I know that you and LTS and a couple others have addressed issues similar to this with the auction houses, and I don't see this one being addressed either.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/3/03 11:54:37 pm)
    Re: double dipping seller
    The people who do that really are not being honest at all in my opinion.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.