DOUBLE TAP INSURANCE---THANK GOD!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ibtrukn, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Marines response to a simple question:

In response to the news blurb about the Marine who put two rounds
    ("double tap") in a wounded insurgent's head in Fallujah, here's a response from one Marine who has been there:

"It's a safety issue, pure and simple. After assaulting through a target, we put a security round in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up "prisoners" and offering them a hot cup a joe, falafel, and a blanket. There's no time to dick around on the target. You clear the space, dump the chumps, and move on. org. Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists? Negative. Hey Libs ... worried about the defense budget? Well, it would be waste, fraud, and abuse for a Corpsman to expend one man-minute or a battle dressing on a terrorist. It's much cheaper to just spend the $.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ.

By the way, in our view, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are not prisoners, they are carcasses. Chopping off a civilian's head is another reason why these idiots are known as "unlawful combatants." It seems that most of the world's journalists have forgotten that fact.

Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked around the web, and many people get this concept, but there are some stragglers.

Here is your typical Marine sitrep (situation report): You just took fire from unlawful combatants (no uniform - breaking every Geneva Convention rule there is) shooting from a religious building attempting to use the sanctuary status of their position as protection. But you're in Fallujah now, and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you set the mosque on fire and you hose down the terrorists with small arms, launch some AT-4s (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and things quiet down. So you run over there, and find some tangos (bad guys) wounded and pretending to be dead. You are aware that suicide martyrdom is like really popular with these idiots, and they think taking some Marines with them would be really cool. So you can either risk your life and your fire team's lives by having them cover you while you bend down and search a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for some reason.

Most of the time these are the guys with the grenade or vest made of explosives. Also, you don't know who or what is in the next room. You're already speaking English to the rest of your fire team or squad which lets the terrorist know you are there and you are his enemy. You are speaking loud because your hearing is poor from shooting people for several days. So you know that there are many other rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still alive in those rooms, they know that Americans are in the mosque. Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have this terrorist (that was just shooting at you from a mosque) playing possum. What do you do? You double tap his head, and you go to the next room, that's what!!!

What about the Geneva Convention and all that Law of Land Warfare stuff? What about it? Without even addressing the issues at hand, your first thought should be, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Bear in mind that this tactic of double tapping a fallen terrorist is a perpetual mindset that is reinforced by experience on a minute-by-minute basis. Secondly, you are fighting an unlawful combatant in a Sanctuary, which is a double No-No on his part. Third, tactically you are in no position to take "prisoners" because there are more rooms to search and clear, and the behavior of said terrorist indicates that he is up to no good. No good in Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no good and the high end of no good are fundamentally the same ... Marines end up getting hurt or die. So there is no compelling reason for you to do anything but double tap this idiot and get on with the mission.

If you are a veteran, then everything I have just written is self-evident. If you are not a veteran then at least try to put yourself in the situation. Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow, there is only now. Right NOW. Have you ever lived in NOW for a week? It is really, really not easy. If you have never lived in NOW for longer than it takes to finish the big roller coaster at Six Flags, then shut your hole about putting Marines in jail for "War Crimes"."

:cool:
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Here here!!!
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Outstanding!
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    A few of us here have lived in the "now"........

It's not a pretty place to be.....
  5. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

The reality of combat in this sort of scenario is beyond the comprehension of anyone not a veteran of the WW2 PTO campaigns. Same tactics used by the Japs in the PTO are employed by Iraqi terrorists - only they've got better weapons..... >MW
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Excellent post!
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

IB;
    Anybody talking trash about such measures is likely not a vet, and probably, has a DC addy; Fukum!

WE had a different deal, when I as in the service, and I would give my pistol to a wounded comrade, as I picked him up, to hump him out, knowing full well how many rounds were in the pistol, and hand an extra mag as I heard the gun 'run dry', he was my 'six' if conscious, and breathing, and we protected one another!

These young lads are 'takin' care of business' at a far higher level, than we were ever asked to do; compared to the cost of transportation home, alone, the ammo expense is minimal,the rewards, huge!

They are 'playing the game, by local rules', and doing quite well.

You'll hear no criticism, of them, from me!
  8. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

kill em all & let God sort em out.
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

YAR!!! IB c's we are of 1 accord. Thanx forthe response.
    mebbe gonna post this up on a "lib" type site sheesh but doeye no fo any? lemme c well mebbe 1does come 2 mind an IB garantees therespose will NOT be the same. Yo it shud be fun--------an away we goooooooo------:cool:
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Give us a link so we can watch the fun. :D
  12. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

aw c'mon now Somo, NE 1 brite as U shud figr this1 out no problemo

amazinlee asof yestrday the rponseswere AOK cept 41 an that wuz tungincheek (ithink):eek:
  13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

That marine wouldn't have to buy beer for a month if I could find him
    OUTSTANDING POST IB Thanks
  14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Ditto, 358 and SoMo !!!!!!
  15. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ju dumjanki, dasjus stanard proc dure. Mus Ba nordern ting. Cheese! :D
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007