Dove Recipies?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Helldorado, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Helldorado

Helldorado New Member

Whats yer favorite dove recipe or what have you tried and howd it turn out??
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I like to half large jalapenos and de-seed, then place a piece of the dove into the jalapeno, wrap with bacon, stob a toothpic in 'er and place on a hot grill.

When the bacon is done, she's a ready.

Carefull tho...that bacon grease will sure flame up in a hurry in the bottom of a grill.

Crpdeth
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Never had them like that Crpdeth
    I might have to give that a shot sounds like it is pretty good
  4. .270WIN.

.270WIN. New Member

Here's one that friends and family go crazy over. I marinate my Dove breasts in Zesty Italian dressing overnight in the fridge. I usually place them in a gallon ziplock bag and give them a good shake every once in a while. Start your fire in the grill. While the fire is getting hot, take the dove breasts and wrap with a piece of bacon, securing with toothpick. Spread coals out evenly and cook breast side up for approximately 6-8 minutes. Turn and cook breast side down another 4-5 minutes depending on heat. This is delicious!!! Tip: If you wait for bacon to fully cook, the breasts may be overcooked. The bacon serves mostly to keep meat from drying out.
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Heres some more Hellz

http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=24890

I did try the smoker as I mentioned that I would...YUK!

I may try it again by smoking them for only a few minutes then placing them on the grill, but never for the entire cooking process. :eek:

.270Win...Thanks, sounds good!

Crpdeth
  6. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

We boil (yes boil) the breasts, then either bread them with cornmeal and cook them like fish or we put the boneless breast meat in a crock pot with cream of mushroom (or any other soup you prefer) then serve them over noodles. Not the most original idea, but they are yummy none-the-less.