Dove Season

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Lapua Kid, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Will it's right around the corner .I hope to hear about some of yall knotheads out there having a good time shooting Doves . Besides Groundhog hunting it darn near as much enjoyment . Get out and enjoy. Looking to get the XP 100 back next week had a new barrel and stock installed .Installed 18 " Krieger barrel HV contour chambered in a .268 tight neck 6 br .Just got my new front rest in .Here at pic. Been waiting for 11 months for this rest .

Jim

Attached Files:

2. Brazilnut

Brazilnut New Member

Well if I had to go 11 months without a rest, I'd be one tired puppy!

When I was a kid, there weren't enough doves in my area to make pass shooting worthwhile, but I'd walk the train tracks and jump shoot birds that were picking up grit. They fly slower with a gizzard full of rocks.
  3. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Brazilnut,

Yes its been a long wait thank goodness i had a Farley rest and a Hart 1000 yard rest while waiting I shoot benchrest guns for my long range hunting needs . Doves around here are plentyful we generally get into 3 or 4 good shoots but nothing compared to South America . This is the first year in 10 years we did not have a Dove club .I the past we me and 25 others would least land to grow hybrid sunflowers . We were able to shoot over these crops and we had some might fine shoots . Any way this year i'm hooking up with the Federation boys to do a little bit of Dove hunting since corn is the cash crop we were not able to compete with the crop as we normally had 17 acres of Sunflowers we were told the corn crop was bringing in 900 - 1100 gross and acre. This year in the middle Atlantic area we had a very mild winter I have seen alot of young Doves I think its going to be a good season .

kid