DPMS Mags

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by duck32man, Apr 22, 2011.

1. duck32man

duck32man Member

I have a DPMS sportico (5.56) and both mags fail to feed. I might get two consecutive rounds if I am lucky... What am I doing wrong or is it the mags? Does it with different types of ammo too. Is there a more reliable mag out there that will turn my single shot ar back into a semi auto>?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Mag change would be the first thing I would go after with a feed problem but is it really a feed problem or a cycle problem? there was a issues with the sportical uppers were the gas blocks were not properly aligned with the gas port in the barrel so the gun would short cycle and eject but not far enough to get the next round. If it cycles OK by hand, you may want to check the block for alignment issues
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  3. duck32man

duck32man Member

Helix - that is exactly what it is doing. I will check the alignment. Thanks