1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Dreyse 1907 (gun of the day)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/17/01 4:09:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Dreyse 1907 (gun of the day)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I posted one of these a while back, but this is a recent purchase that's in much nicer shape.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/17/01 8:14:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dreyse 1907 (gun of the day)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These pistols have the serial number on the top of the slide - there may be a second set of numbers on the top of the slide and repeated on the side of the frame - this is a police arsenal marking. I need to look at mine again - I don't remember the pronounced diagonal grooves on the front end of the slide.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/18/01 4:29:31 pm)
    Son of a gun, you're right! Here's my other one, the grooves are straight! I'll have to find out why this one is different. Does that mean I have to keep both varieties?

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/18/01 7:56:21 pm)
    Damn.

And I thought the Astra was the ugliest automatic after the Borchardt.

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/18/01 8:24:32 pm)
    Be careful what you wish for! We haven't even begun to define ugly, here's what I mean.

Warner Infallible

Or try the Nambu Type 94

Edited by: gun runner john at: 9/18/01 9:26:34 pm

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/19/01 5:27:09 am)
    There is a local collector here in St. Louis that has been examining the Dreyse 1907 pistols for years, and he says there are numerous variations in style and markings on these guns. I guess for those of us that get into a particular breed of pistols, we pick up all the little differences - kinda like how we tell our children apart.

There are no ugly pistols - there are just some that exhibit more character than others!

AntiqueDr
    (9/19/01 7:27:15 am)
    They've, ummm, got a great personality!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/19/01 4:16:09 pm)
    I like the comments that the Infallible usually gets when I drag it out for a guest!

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/20/01 6:30:51 am)
    I think the Nambu is uglier - er, got more character, than the Infallible.

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/20/01 3:55:55 pm)
    It's a close race between the two. Whenever the discussion turns to guns with "character", I think of those two first.