Driveway is a solid sheet of ice!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hallchinalady, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Looking out the window I'm glad I got laid off today...don't think I was goin anywhere tomorrow anyway...solid ice outside now!!!!
    Craigs at the reloading bench again...(reloading shells) ;)
  2. punchie

punchie Member

Deana
    Keep him at work on the bench. Tell him we are going to need plenty of ammo for Labor Day nothing like getting a head start.,,,,lol
  3. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

Stay home safe and sound tomorrow. Let mother nature and the road department take care of the roads.
  4. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Ain't no way I want to try to bring 80 ton down that mountain at Lewistown narrows in this!!!!! :eek: :eek: It's a 40 degree incline....have enough trouble when it's dry!!!! :D
  5. Redneck

Redneck New Member

80 ton?? What the heck are you pulling? That would need a permit and I want to meet the official who gives out permits for 160,000#s in an ice storm :D
  6. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Lonnie.....drivin a 40 ton Uk with 40 tons in the back......off the mountain up your way....daily!!!! :D :D No official... Construction company roads...according to the truck drives...driving a very large Tonka toy!!! :D :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  7. Mabooger

Mabooger New Member

So far it looks like we're going to get snow here. Still 25 degrees out but one of the forcasts I saw called for snow then freezing rain so we'll just have to wait & see.

My plan for tomorrow is to wrap up in my fleece blanket, on the couch & read my book. :D School will probably get canceled so the kids can clean house, cook & wait on me :rolleyes: :D
  8. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

I'd ask to borrow them for a day (they could cook, clean and keep me entertained)...but since I'm off...I cleaned, cooked and will have to entertain myself.....now where's Craig????? ;)
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

He is reloading ;) :D ;)
  10. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Oh...yes...there he is...behind me!!!! ;) :D ;)
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sorry for the bad weather, y'all. :( It's 70° here at the moment ... but there's a cold front coming in a few hours that's supposed to drop the temp to the low 40s and stay in the mid 40s tomorrow with rain. ... still better than y'all's ice, though.
  12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Supposed to get to 6 tonight and there is fog so thick I can barely see the p/u parked outside. Snow predicted for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow is gonna be one fun day. If they don't call a "snow day," we'll be driving kids in freezing fog on ice packed roads. I might have to dig out the elCamino. It tracks better than the Mazda, even though I have studs on the drivers of the M. I guess I'd better get out to the storage shed and dig out the chains.

How foggy is it? The ducks are walking and the frogs are flying. The geese are all going over to the airport for de-icing of their wings.

Pops