1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Driving with loaded gun in vehicle

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by gun runner, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This thread started about Texas laws. Not sure there are any relevant/trustworthy posts about IL law. I'm just glad I can avoid that state.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    IL, one of the few states I've never been in. There are several that I have no intentions of ever going to.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The wife and I were both born in central IL, and lived there until we married and moved to Alaska. Returned there five years later and stayed for about ten years before moving to TN.

Selling your home in IL and re-investing in a home in another state does NOT exempt you from IL Capital Gains Tax.
    We had to pay on the ENTIRE appreciation of our home in IL during the huge land-boom they had back in the 70's. A nice going away present from the Land of Lincoln.

IL is a great place to be from.
    Far from.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

It's legal here in Wisconsin now to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle, but it's gotta be out of plain sight and you have to have a conceal carry permit to do it.
  5. lilmule

lilmule New Member

Regardless of legality,its wise to let them know,and keep hands where clearly can be seen.
    How would you like to proceed officer,and if he desires to be the only one armed dont take offense.Most are polite,some cautious,some nervous,those are the ones that worry me.Avoid the word gun,newbie pard will only hear that.
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I meant other places. What about a loaded revolver?
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Probaly more trigger happy.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  8. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Active Member

be glad u dont live calif !!!! i have had my CCW since 1970
    i live in northern calif and when i go to visit the kids in the bay area i get to drive thru 5 counties,, three of them i am illegal in because they dont recognize my CCW because it is from a different county then the one i am driving thru !!! driving thru diff states is easier then driving in the state i currently live in.
    ya should see the shxx i stir when i go to the range on my motorcycle with a couple rifles strapped on the back ;)
    will be moving soon
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

When i lived in San Diego, I would take off about once a month to go up to Anza to shoot with friends. I would ALWAYS get stopped by Deputies along the way. After the first couple of times the first question became "What have you got along this time?" :D I'd end up spending 15 to 30 minutes talking guns and ammo.

Pops
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You are correct. Case it and have ammo out. Place ammo in other case or box in trunk of car. Its a big deal in this state to have a loaded gun in your car....gvw