Drug Problems When We Were Young

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by 199er, Sep 29, 2010.

1. 199er

199er New Member

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

HERE HERE!!!

AMEN!!!
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

+1 on that, and aint that the truth. Myself (46), when I was a young'en, I thought drugs was pretty bad in school and such, and they were. Just not to the level or magnitude as whats going on today. Or maybe I was a bit naive and no doubt was.
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

When I was in school(53'-65') drugs were something from another country, we had no alcohol problems either. If anybody caused any problems like chewing gum, or shooting spit balls, they were "drug" to the office and had their butt beat.
  5. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

I'm proud to say that I had a drug problem!

I remember being in college and I'd be home for the weekend or the summer. Even at 21 years old, Sunday morning would come and dad came in the room, smacked me on the foot hard enough to half roll me over, and simply said "Get up for Church." There was no asking, no debating.

At the time I kind of resented it, but now I thank God they cared enough about me to "drug" me!
  6. 199er

199er New Member

I was in grade school from 54'-66'.........................BTDT (more than one too)
  7. bruce hylton

bruce hylton New Member

That is a long time to stay in grade school.
  8. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Yeah, I remember those drug days pretty well. If we were to do that to these whiney little punks today our butts would be drug off to the big house.
  9. vytoland

vytoland New Member

when i was in grade school 1951 - 1959 we got high alot........

high on watching lash larue and hopalong cassidy at the movies ... high on listening to the lone ranger on the radio, while mom was in the kitchen fixin supper for the family. we all ate together after my dad came home from work.

where did this all go?? the change sure did come fast!!
  10. 199er

199er New Member

should have said grade school & high school
  11. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

one bad winter here alot of trees came down during a snow and ice storm. i went to the neighborhood and helped remove them from driveways so people wouldnt be stuck. the next door neighbors son went with me until one of the other neighbors offered us 20$ for what we did and i refused the money. the son looked at me and was mad and ask why i did that and i told him that you dont take money for doing a good deed for a neighbor.he didnt help me after that.
  12. geds

geds New Member

Where did all this go? Same place as "Go get me a switch to beat you with!"
  13. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

had lot's of home grown MAUI WOWEE until the hippies showed up in the late 60's and the signs came out. MAKE LOVE NOT WAR then the farm got bigger as the years went by.every morning, commune residents had to be drugged out of their banana hut and make it to town to sell their daily harvest. kinda sound like what going on today.
  14. langenc

langenc Member

The best 4 yrs of his life--5th grade.
  15. langenc

langenc Member

Recall a winter when I was about 3rd year in college. My buddy had to go shovel his aunts drive/sidewalk, probably 5" snow.

We thoiught wed go to the bar after but I didnt have any money. The friends aunt gave us $2. Beer was only 25 cents a shell.

As we were shoveling the drive I looked across the street and thought 'we could do that one too'. Went and knocked on ther door and the young lady-only couple yrs older than us said "sure'. In a few minutes she hollered out to get the walk from the house to the garage, in the backyard.

We were just about done and the husband drove up and invited us into the garage by the stoive to warm up and gave us $5. While there the phone rang and our side of the conversation went like this-- "yes I got one setting here" (there was a CJ type Jeep setting in the garage). "Oh I dont know", "do you want new title or used?"

We took our $5 and left but I always wondered about that conversation. It occurred in the city where Jeeps were made. Was that Jeep a Johnny Cash lunch box variety?