1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Drum clip for shotgun

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by ineedsoap16, May 15, 2009.

1. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

i've seens pic of what looks like a Mossy 590 with a drum and clips that feed into the mag right in front of the receiver. What is this? Do the really sell these? Does that mean that if your shotty was modified for this you could no longer load normally because of the hole in the bottom of the mag?

I know lots of ???'s but I am curious.
  2. MAX100

MAX100 New Member

The drum mags for the Mossberg 590 shotguns are no longer available. The kit was made by Knoxx and called the the Knoxx sidewinder kit. It requires changing out the mag tube. The kit is very costly if you can find a used one.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/12/28/knoxx-sidewinder-converted-mossberg-500/

You would be better off investing in a semi auto Saiga 12 that can accept Hi Cap & drum mags. They are nice even in their unconverted pistol grip state.

GC
    Last edited: May 17, 2009